Foster's a WHAT?? Parte Uno

Sophie POV

Sophie let out a quiet frustrated laugh as she stared at the man in front of her. Mr. Forkle said there were no more secrets! Well, he wasn't exactly Mr. Forkle at the moment. But Magnate Leto was still the same thing!

The greasy-haired Foxfire principal stared at Sophie expectantly as she flicked away her third eyelash. Another stressful decision and she will yeet herself. She chuckled quietly at her choice of thought-words (Dex found a way to show her vines) and turned her attention back to the situation at hand.

"Another ability? Mr. For- I mean Magnate Leto, I thought I was over the age deadline!" Sophie had turned 17 two months ago. Well, she was pretty sure. She was just about to start a mental week-count when Mr. Forkle (Sophie decided she was over trying to correct herself) responded to her childlike complaint.

"Are you really surprised the deadline doesn't apply to you, Miss Foster?"

She thought. "No," she said through a sigh.

Mr. Forkle smiled. "Well then, please make your decision. As I said before, this ability would help you learn more about your friends and teammates as well as building your compassion. This ability--"

"Yes, Magnate Leto, I get it. You explained it already," Sophie grumbled, for once getting the elf's name right.

"So, would you like me to trigger it?"

Sophie went through a mental list of pros and cons. "I guess you can. The ability would help us a lot, now that I think about it. Two of us would have it then," she said as Sandor let out a squeaky sigh from the doorway.

"I swear, this kind of thing happens every week," Sandor mumbled under his breath.

Without further ado, Mr. Forkle pressed his fingers into Sophie's temples and started the draining process of triggering an ability.

///////// Time skip named Sminky \\\\\\\\\

"So. Intense. I. Literally. Cannot." Sophie laid sprawled out across her petaled carpet at Havenfield. She'd been driving Sandor up the wall by mindlessly quoting vines at the top of her lungs.

"Finally, you've stopped! I was getting ready to strangle Dex!" It seemed like Sandor's bunny voice kept getting higher and higher as huge waves of annoyance rolled off him.

Sophie smiled. She wasn't going to let him off the hook that easily.
"ROAD WORK AHEAD???" She screamed.

"UH, YEAH, I SURE HOPE IT DOES!!!" Dex's voice echoed through the giant house.

"Dex? When did you get here? And why are you so excited?" Sophie shouted as she ran over to a bouncing Dex. He was the only one who knew vines other than her. But if they were to tell Keefe...

Keefe would be the scariest person ever.

"I found a new type of style for Iggy!" Dex snapped Sophie back to the present as he dug out a red and blue vial. "In grief for what Sony and Disney did to Spider-Man," Dex explained when he saw Sophie's confusion at the color choice.

Sophie sighed sadly as she felt Dex's pain, grief and sadness transfer to her.

"Dex, can you stop feeling things for a second? I can't separate my feelings from yours right now," Sophie huffed as she rubbed her temples.

Dex's eyes widened.

"You manifested as an Empath and didn't tell me the second you saw me? I'm so disappointed in you."

"I know you are, Dex. Or wait, is it me who's disappointed? I can't tell," Sophie whined as she flipped back into her previous position on the ground. As if it wasn't bad enough that she had to adjust to a new ability, her genetics made it so she could feel Grady's disgust as he brushed Verdi's teeth in the pastures a quarter mile away. He had been the only one home when she arrived back, and he had just given her an I need to know these things look when she broke the news before walking away in a cloud of I don't know how to feel about this emotions.

"Sorry Sophie, I'll try not to feel too much." Dex laughed, which caused Sophie to laugh, which made him laugh more, which made Sophie start dying of laughter. When Dex stopped laughing, Sophie did too, sighing sadly.

"I swear if this happens every time someone laughs, I'm gonna yell 'I'm empty!' and yeet myself without teleporting."

Dex made a face, which Sophie copied. Dex's eyes widened. Sophie's eyes widened. Dex scrunched up his face and Sophie's face quickly followed.

"Stop it Dex! Just go dye Iggy and stop messing with me," Sophie whined. Dex chuckled and walked over to Iggy's cage. Sophie took out her newest book (Empathy for Beginners by Insert some random elf-y name here) and started reading. She was 29 pages in when Dex's emotions shifted from concentration to triumph and pride.

"Is he done?" Sophie made her way over to the cage when Dex nodded. "Whoa! How did you do that?" Sophie's eyes widened in amazement as she saw that Dex had somehow made Iggy be blue and red in the exact pattern of the Spider-Man suit.

Sophie and Dex talked for a while and Sophie got used to having other people's emotions, not only hers. Dex had to leave eventually, so they said their goodbyes as he went home for dinner.

Sophie was so exhausted that she didn't even have any nightmares as she slept.

She just dreamt about a certain ice-blue-eyed boy.

908 words

A/N.
It's been more than half a year since I updated. Sorry.

908 words is actually pretty decent for me if I'm being honest.

There shall be a parte dos. With Keefe actually in it this time. And maybe some fluff. If you beg enough.

Jk I'll do fluff anyway.

See ya later crêpes!

-Spider-Keefe