Chapter 31 - Together

Liam's P.O.V.

I woke up right at 8:00 am, today is my 21st birthday.

I was down stairs making myself a nice warm cup of coffee to keep me active on this special day.

I heard shuffling coming from up the stairs and I thought it was my mom since she usually wakes up around this time but I was wrong, so wrong.

It was Julie.

I last saw her that night that I will forever regret.

I had never, in these 4 years of knowing Niall, have ever seen him so mad.

" Where's the birthday boy?" She said and took a seat next to me on the island.

I looked at her totally confused yet shocked.

" What? Do I have something on my face?" She sarcastically remarked.

I missed all those arguments we used to have 2 weeks ago.

Even though it was only 2 weeks ago, it seemed like an eternity not knowing anything about her, nor Niall.

" Oh no, it's just, I am so sorry for the other night, it's been haunting me this entire time and I promise you that I will never do it again, I was stupid and it was so wrong, I understand if you don't want to forgive me, I'll even get down on my knees if you want me too."

Right as I was going to kneel down she grabbed a hold of my arm.

" Liam, now your being ridiculous. Of course I forgive you, we didn't know what we were doing and it has been haunting me too, especially." She said.

" Niall and I got back together and everything is good as ever." She smiled bright when she said Niall's name.

A small pinch of jealousy hit me when she said that but no, I am not going to ruin it again.

" That is an absolutely amazing to hear, really." I said with the most sincere voice.

" Thank you, and I hope you know that I'm not the only one here." She said and right when she finished that sentence, Louis, Eleanor, Lucy, Harry, Zayn and Niall walked in.

" Happy birthday!" They all said together.

" Thank you all." I smiled bright, knowing everything was going to be alright.

" Liam, " Niall caught me off guard.

I looked at Niall afraid of what was to come.

" Listen Niall, I - " He cut me off with a huge hug.

After being squished by Niall, he faced me.

" No Liam, do not apologize, I know deep down you never meant to do that, I am also sorry for overreacting and for hitting you, it wasn't my intention, I was just so mad." He trailed off.

" Now today is a very special day for you so let's not ruin it, you know I love you Liam, and I just want to wish you a happy birthday." He once again, pulled me into a hug.

" Yeah, yeah, now stop all that cheesy talk and let's get down to party!" Louis yelled.

I chuckled at how ridiculous he is.

" We actually have a surprise for you so now go get in the shower and get dressed!" Julie told me.

" What's wrong with the clothes I'm wearing now?" I acted offended.

I could use a nice shower to get my day started.

" Ugh just get in the damn shower!" Louis yelled which made all of us laugh.