Chapter 18 Preview | A/N

"Lisanna, what are you doing? I have to go save-"

"Lucy, you always have to save her! What about our relationship? Don't you want us to have a future? Kids like those two?" She whined, gripping his palms.

Natsu's breath hitched.

Did he want kids like them? He hadn't had time to grow close to them, but they made him feel warm, in a way he'd only felt around Igneel, and Lucy. The thought made him shiver, each time he'd become hung up on someone in one way or another, he's swear to himself to never to allow himself to grow attached like that ever again. First, he'd attached himself to Igneel, then Lisanna, and now...

He was starting to attach himself to the twins.

"I-I do want kids like them, b-but not with you..." he breathed, admitting it more to himself than her, "Something... It's not right with us, we don't fit."

The blue eyed mage quivered, loosening her grip on him, "W-what? Natsu I'm your girlfriend!" she cried, catching everyone's attention as the guild once again quieted its lighter-than-usual chatter, gasping at the scene in shock, "Don't you l-love me?"

The twins gazed on in anticipation. He could either admit the words they'd been longing to hear, or keep tying himself to fake happiness, feigning grins at his friends. Eyes boring into his head, he could practically hear the answer screaming directly into his mind, and it all seemed so easy.

"I do..." he trailed off, releasing her hand after rubbing his thumb over it, "I do love you Lisanna."

Levy and Mirajane's throats stung, sparing glances at the twins and their heartbroken posture, unaware at what Natsu was going to get at.

"But, its the same love I feel for the rest of the guild, a family kind. I love you, but I'm not in love with you," He ended, shocking everyone with his sudden knowledge of how feelings work, "It's always been-"

"Lucy Heartfilia?" Nashi pushed out nervously, glowing with hope and optimism, "Right?"

His heart shattered at the sound of her name rolling off his secret daughter's tongue. It sounded so right with her voice, so similar to how her voice had been.

"Yes," he flushed, embarrassed of his crush for just about 12 years now, not counting the Tenrou years.

He wasn't the same boy they'd come to know when he was 17, or even when he was 18. Then, he was still a kid, oblivious to his more than obvious crush on the beautiful blonde his guild mates and himself had come to love. He was a grown, strong man, and needed to save his girl, whether or not she loved him back, because he could, because he was so utterly whipped, and needed her back.

"And I promise, I'm going to get her back and make things right, so please don't make this hard Lis," standing proudly at his realization.

"At least you finally realized it," she smiled, a melancholy feeling bubbling within her, forcing her unshed tears towards the front of her crystal-like eyes.

A/N, I know, I know, "Mage WTF?" Well, you see, I've been busy... But I'm back! Since things are starting to get interesting, I wanted to give a preview and ask about your opinions on the story so far.

If there is anything you guys can give, constructive criticism, tips or whatever, please comment! I'm going to edit this entire thing when the story is over, except, I'll also be keeping this version up for those of you who like this version better!

I would also like to know what you think about this sliver of the next chapter!

Alrighty, hope you enjoyed! LATER~!

PS: Check my Insta and Tumblr for fanart and more!