Prologue

Drowning from the lies always leave scars.

Scars that never heals.

Scars that never goes away.

How about the nightmares?

Nightmares are just like scars.

Nightmares doesn't leave you alone because somewhere in your mind, they're lingering. Sometimes, you don't wish for the night to come because you'll know when your nightmares will come in and then sleep won't be comfortable anymore. It won't be balanced.

It'll just be there, waiting for you to come drift into an uncomfortable slumber.

A nightmare is like a scar. It never really disappear, it just fade deep inside of your mind, waiting to be released once again.

Nightmares always get an ending where it's not really a happily ever after.

It never happens.

And it never will.

Every story mostly doesn't get it's happy end. How could they possibly have their joyful end when it's really not meant to be theirs in the first place?

It's the truth.

The truth always hurt, they say. The truth reveals the secrets. The deepest darkest secret of a person. We shouldn't lean on others just because we trust them.

Why?

It's simple.

Because people get dependent. They always become selfish. They would ask for more and in the end, then what?

In the end, nobody wins.

Why do people forgive others who've already cause them so much suffering and negativity? Is it because they deserve a second chance? Why? Isn't the pain an enough reminder of the challenges that they've been through?

That's how the world works.

It's cruel. It's not fair.

Life is not fair and that's why its a challenge to humans.

It's one of the reasons why people desperately strive to get something out of nothing.

But not everyone gets their happily ever after. That's that. Period.

There's nothing more to say other than every story doesn't always end with a happily ever after.

Every story gets a tragedy, a struggle, a meaning to see what lies ahead after the raging storm.

Every pain hides every good story.

Every tragedy holds a tool for the living to gain wisdom.

Every struggle makes a person stronger. It makes a person stand up with their own two feet.

Everything happens for a reason.

A reason that has a meaning.

A meaning that has an explanation.

Samantha Lydia Stones struggled. She has experienced pain and suffering. The sorrows and the scars.

It was horrible and it changed her into someone who she doesn't know.
Everyone doesn't want to drown in the depths of fear and pain again.

Especially her.

Do you know how that felt like?

It felt like dying.

A feeling that you're slowly drowning and your hope's slowly fading away. It was suffocating. You wished to be away from the water but all it does was pull you back down into the deepest darkest part of it.

The people that she once believed in turned into liars, into strangers, into people who gave her too much burden. She tried to reach out for the land but she was drowning, going deep into the waters, leaving nothing of her but a memory.

That's how it felt like for Samantha.

That is how her pain feels like everyday.

She wished that her family could feel their own words.

It's tormenting.

They're suffocating.

What even happened to them in the first place?

How did it even started?

They started off good, right? They were contented and happy and then once upon a time, one little slip up, one little truth slipped up and it all came crashing down in full force.

The lies.

The pain.

The tears.

The memories.

The nightmares and the dreams.

The truth.

It all came crashing down without any warning. It all came back and she saw how much it's all been a lie. How much their love for her was close to nothing.

Samantha's been so stupid believing that they could change. Samantha's so stupid to think that they really care.

It's her fault.

She's been too blind because of her emotions.

So, for now she'll play a game called pretend.

Pretending is something that makes her believe that everything is still not hell. That her life is still not hell as it is already. How her family is slowly falling apart even if she doesn't want to believe that it's happening.

It gives her hope to live a life where it's out of the hell storm that she placed herself in.

Pretend that this was just a nightmare even if her heart is telling her the opposite.

______________________________________

Long time no see. XD

A lot of you guys have wanted this and has waited for it so here it is!

I know, I know, the prologue is short but I'll try to make the next chapter a long one!

Let me know what you think and leave a vote, Luvs ♥♥