6

Jaemin entered the dorm together with Mark. Donghyuck had let them in.

Renjun was nowhere to be found, and Jeno honestly was too stressed to care.

When they left Mark and Donghyuck behind a stuffy silence immediately engulfed them.

Jeno had several thoughts on his mind, most of them were focused on Jaemin. What if the male just saw this as a friendly gowing out? What if he wasn't into guys and the complements that Jeno saw as flirting was just him being nice?

He would have to change his whole plan, maybe even quit it.

He hadn't told Donghyuck about his actual reason to go on a trip with Jaemin.

The more he thought about it, the more he realized how little his best friend actually knew about him.

Jeno should open up more.

He should, but he wasn't going to.

"Are you okay? Seems like a lot is on your mind" Jaemin suddenly spoke up. When Jeno looked up he was met with a kind smile and a soft chuckle.

"I'm fine.. just thinking" the elder mumbled while holding open the door of the dorm entry for the younger

"I can see that. About what?" Jaemin asked while he continued their walk, leaving Jeno to wonder where he was leading them.

"To be honest, I don't even know. Where are we going actually?"

"To this food truck where you have a nice view of the city skyline. I wanted to go there but Renjun and Mark wouldn't come with me" the pink head explained which slightly eased Jeno's mind.

The campus was a lot different now the sun was gone. The yellow light of the lanterns that were placed alongside the walk way gave it a warm atmosphere. The screaming students were replaced by chirping crickets.

Jeno's eyes fell on Jaemin.

One of the things that stood out most were his pretty eyes. The long lashes that would tickle the skin underneath his eyebrow and the deep brown color of his irises that made Jeno think of the wood that was left after a fireplace had burned all day long on a cold winters day.

The pretty boy truly was a wolf dressed in sheep clothing.

Back in high school he never really interacted with Jaemin. After the death of his brother he avoided him like the plague and before that he just never was interested in getting to know the younger male.

Back then Jaemin always hung out with a girl named Caitlyn. Jeno didn't like her very much. She pretty much decided by herself she was queen bee of the school and if you would accidentally get in her way, you would know there were severe consequences tied to that horrible mistake.

Jeno had assumed Jaemin would be the same type of person.

When they left the campus and entered the more lively part of the city Jaemin spoke up again.

"So, why did you agree on going out with me?"

Jeno shrugged his shoulders, quickly coming up with a lie. "Didn't see a reason not to"

Jeno felt Jaemin's hand grasp his before he was pulled into a alley. "This is quicker" Jaemin explained while once again showing Jeno his set of perfect teeth.

"How do you know? Been here before?"

He saw the younger visibly swallow. "My brother used to go to college here before he dropped out. I visited him very often"

Jeno simply nodded, trying to push away his thoughts that were screaming at him to get the fuck away.

"Do you have any siblings?" Jeno shook his head no and just let Jaemin drag him along.

When they finally arrived at the food truck Jeno took his time to enjoy the view while Jaemin was getting two hotdogs. The sea that had come to far into the land created a nice haven and a look out for all the city lights that were made by the huge buildings of either shopping centra or companies.

Jeno already really liked this city, one of the reasons why was because it was far from home.

When Jaemin returned with the food and both of them were seated on a bench the silent atmosphere returned, yet a little more comfortable this time.

"I'm sorry for being awkward. Don't really know how to behave myself in these kind of situation" Jaemin commented which made Jeno smile slightly.

"Situations like what?"

"Situations like when I'm on a date with a really attractive and nice person"

Jeno couldn't look directly at Jaemin for the remaining part of the night.

Stop being nice to be. Stop pretending to be a good person.