Chapter 16

BALCHAZAR'S POV

          As I waited for the rest of the army to come in, Ives, one of Hades most trusted warlocks came in. She had a message for me.

"Lady Medusa has asked me to tell you to go down to the address written on that scroll and bury Madeline's body."

"Who would man the gates?"

"I would. Go now. Lady Medusa doesn't want you to waste another second here."

"Thank you Ives."

          I took the scroll from Ives and went down to earth. The address was the place I picked up Medusa the first day she went to see her sisters and Hades got angry cause she didn't return early. Now here I was about to bury Madeline in that place. The irony of life. I looked at Madeline's body. It had been cleaned and dressed in a lovely white gown. She looked so peaceful with the smile on her face.

"If only you didn't go to battle. If only you had stayed and waited for Medusa. You wouldn't be gone. You would still be going about looking all innocent."

Tears trickled down my face.

"You fought the good fight Madeline, you were a brave soldier. Good night soldier."
          I kissed her forehead and began digging her grave. I laid the body in the grave and filled it. Ives had left a memorial rock. I placed it at the head of her grave as sorrowful chuckles left my lips. Madeline was gone. The stone read;

Here lies Madeline. The bravest of all warriors. I hope someday, someone could live up to your standards Madeline. Until then, bless you and keep looking innocent. Love
Medusa & Balchazar

"I had a good life with you Madeline." I said as I patted the grave. "Someday, I hoped to see you with a family of yours but fate knows why you had to go." I placed a white lily on her grave. "See you later Madeline."

             MEDUSA'S POV

"Hades, are you okay?"

"Am fine Medusa, you still have the bolt?"

"Yes I do Hades."

"Well Medusa, a deal is a deal. You've had your war and now I want the bolt."

"But Athena isn't dead."

"Fine, we make another deal?"

"Am listening."

"I give you your soul back, you come with me and we wait till Athena comes out of hiding then you kill her and we can go our separate ways."

"Sounds too good. What's in it for you?"

"I get the bolt."

"And my mother, what about her?"

"She gets to live."

"My sisters, what about them?"

"They get put in a dungeon until we kill Athena, then they are set free."

"We have a deal Hades."

"Good! The bolt?"

"First my soul. Nothing goes for free Hades."

Hades gave me a fireball. It was my soul. I felt the flame trickle through my body. I was complete. I now had my soul so it was time to end this. I had to get out of here now.

"Don't try anything stupid Medusa!"

"We had a deal. To kill Athena when she came out of hiding. Well, Athena is here and out of hiding so Hades, I ask you. Would you keep your end of the deal and help me kill Athena ? Or would I just have to walk away with my soul, my sisters, my mother and the bolt. Time is ticking. Make a choice Hades, and make a wise choice."

"I agreed to help you kill Athena and that I would do. But I don't see Athena here, or do you?"

"She is here, so we look for her!"

"That wasn't part of the deal Medusa!"

"Yes it was! We look for Athena, kill her and you walk away with your bolt."

"Those were not our terms!"

"Well change of terms Hades. Athena has to pay for all she has done to me, to my family and to Madeline!"

"She will pay, once she comes out of hiding."

"NO! She pays for all she has done now! So we look for Athena, find her and kill her!"