Chapter 15

ATHENA'S POV

          As I fought the titan that tried to make it's way towards Olympus, I heard a piercing metal sound from behind me. As the titan dropped to the ground, behind me a warrior dropped. Poseidon had sunk his trident into the  young girl who wanted to kill me. He saved my life, Poseidon actually saved my life.

"You saved my life!"

"Yeah, don't make it a huge deal. It's not about to become a regular occurrence." He said as he removed his trident from the warrior.

"We have to leave this place Athena, this battle is worse than lost already."

"Am not leaving till I see Medusa dead!"

The army of Olympus is done for. We have no more hope!  Athena, look things squarely in the face and come to terms with reality."

"Poseidon, Olympus is gone and whose fault is that!? Am not leaving this place till that vile demon is put to death!"

"You think killing Medusa would bring back everyone?"

"At least I would have avenged their deaths!"

"Look around you Athena, we've lost this battle. There is no joke for us here."

"There is always hope Poseidon, you thought me that."

       He opened his mouth to say something but no words came out. I guess he didn't have any thing to say. He just turned around and started off. Then he stopped.

"Good luck Athena."

"Thank you." I whispered and he was gone.

BALCHAZAR'S POV

       I paced the gates of hell. The army had started arriving. The war was over. The casualties and dead were being brought in and incinerated. Master Hades didn't want anyone who didn't survive kept alive.  Half the army was dead and a few casualties but no sign of Madeline.
      Where could she have gone. I saw Dracula approaching with an injured warlock.

"Dracula! Did you see Madeline in the battle?"

"No, noone saw her during the battle."

This was getting even more unbearing. I just hoped Madeline was okay.

MEDUSA'S POV

       Me and my sisters ran towards Hades. We didn't want anything to go wrong. Just then, i saw Madeline's body. It stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Madeline!" I shook her but no respond. Madeline was dead!

"Why Madeline! Why! I told you not to come, I could have avenged you and your sister, and now you're gone. Athena would never go scott free for what she has done. I promise you." Ives came to pick up Madeline's body.

"Take her to earth and inform Balchazar where you'll keep her. He would bury her there."

"Yes my queen."

      She took Madeline's body and went to earth. The least I could do was give Madeline the befitting burial she deserved .

"This is why we need the bolt medusa."

"I agree Scylla but we can't take chances  now."

"Aren't you people forgetting one little detail here."

"And what might that be Eurgate?"

"Hermes."

HERMES POV

        Everyone in Olympus stood ready for war. Everyone except me. Once the dragons appeared, I found my way out of the crowd and into the dungeons. I stayed locked up in the deepest part of the dungeons, too scared to get killed out there on the battle field. I heard people coming down to where I was. They sounded like women.

"Hermes?"

"Scylla! It's you!"

"Yeah, me and Eurgate."

"What are you doing down here?"

"We brought you a visitor."

"Who?"

"Hello Hermes."

A hooded figure came towards me. It removed its hood and I recognized those eyes anywhere. It was Medusa!

"Medusa! How? What are you doing here?"

"Oh, you don't remember, I am Artemis."

"No, you can't be, Artemis is on the battle field!"

"Well, well, the trickster has become the tricked."

"What do you mean the tricked?"

"You gave me the bolt Hermes, you're the reason the whole of Olympus is dead. You sold out everyone."

"No! I gave the bolt to Artemis not you!"

"Anyhow, goodbye Hermes."

She pulled out the bolt and I felt a surge of lightning pull through me and my body froze. Everywhere became black and I passed out.

MEDUSA'S POV

       Hermes fell to the floor of his cell. I shot him again just to make sure he was dead.

"Let's go , am sure Hades would be waiting for us."

"Wait Medusa, please, we need the bolt. Every second we spend gallivanting with Hades, mother grows closer to death."

"That is why we need to hurry. "

"No Medusa, give us the bolt, we can save her."

"Hades has my soul , and I want to see mother alive as much as you do. So we do the right thing here."

"She is right Scylla, we go on with the plan and all three of us get to see mother."

"Fine. Let's go."

We went out of the dungeon and the whole of Olympus was dead. The army of hell had gone back. All the gods were dead. Everyone lay dead  at the gates of Olympus. Even Zeus and Hercules could be seen headless.
          The smell of blood stunk through out Olympus. No one survived. I knew Athena was somewhere around cause her body wasn't here. Wherever she was, she would pay for all she has done.
           We crossed the sea of dead  gods and goddesses. People who once were the top of Olympus lay lifeless in the same Olympus. How cruel could life be.  We made it to Hades. He was kneeling by Eris body. Eris was dead!