Chapter 14

HADES' POV

         At Olympus,everywhere was havoc. The army of Olympus was almost over. I saw Medusa with the bolt, she and Eris were fighting side by side. Medusa's sisters were at the gates of Olympus trying to get out but a saytor was blocking them. I led the rest of the army towards the center of the battle ground where Eris and Medusa were.

"Your sisters are in danger Medusa, go save them. They ate at the gates." She nodded and left. I brought out my war staff and started fighting. Me and eris, side by side like war machines.

"Good to see you Hades, thought you had chickened out."

"You wish I did." In less than an hour, the battle had moved to where the titans stood.

"I'll go help the others, you go look for Medusa."

"Aye, aye Eris."

        I headed towards the gayes of Olympus to meet Medusa and her sisters. The whole place was filled with bodies of dead gods, saytors, cyclopes, nymphs, demons, warlocks and even dragons. All of Olympus was in great peril.
         A few meters away lay Aphrodite's body. It had a sword pierced through the head. It was her sword! I guess she couldn't handle all the war so she killed herself. Before I reached the gates, a huge figure stun led in front of me. It was Zeus.

"Why are you doing this brother, the whole of Olympus is torn to shreds because of your violence."

"This is all your fault Zeus, you brought this upon yourself."

"You never liked any of us. That I understand but why bring destruction on the innocent souls we have lost today. Their blood forever rests on your head Hades."

"Such a small price to make you pay for all the wrong you have done."

"I may not be perfect but what I did, I did for you."

"Liar! All you have ever done was for your selfish needs. You only cared about yourself."

"I know how you feel Hades but please stop, we could all come together and build a new Olympus. One that would withstand all the troubles of our enemies."

"I should have killed you when I had the chance but my good side prevented me."

"You are all good Hades, give in."

"Am not who you think I am!"

"Neither are who you think you are. You are my brother Hades. My blood runs through your veins."

"No! You're lieing. You have never loved me."

"You are my brother Hades, I have always loved you."

ERIS POV

Me and Hades separated and I went to go help the titans while he left to meet Medusa. From the corner of my eye, I saw Zeus approach Hades. They started talking and Hades suddenly broke down. This would never end well. Zeus brought out his bolt as he embraced Hades. It was now or never. Taking out my sword, leaping into the air and with a swift wrist movement, he was gone.

HADES POV

          Me and Zeus were locked in an embrace before his head rolled off and his body fell to the ground. In front of me was Eris with her sword.

"You were becoming soft, he could have killed you."

         Before I had the chance to say thank you or look out, Hera shot Eris with her arrows. With lightning reflex, I drove my war staff into Hera's heart. I ran back to check on Eris. I knelt down beside her dying body, I scooped her head into my arms.

"Eris, Eris! Are you okay?" She held my hand and smiled.

"I'll be okay Hades, I'm stronger than you think." She was laughing. I had tears in my eyes because I was scared she would die and here she was laughing!

"You remember when I first met you Hades, I was so young. You thought me how to fend for myself." She was still laughing as she spoke. I couldn't help it too, sorrowful chuckles left my lips.

"Yes Eris, I remember. You would cry all day about missing your mummy."

"And you would tell me thoughen up, your mum would never cry." She said in a harsh voice that sounded a lot like me. We both bursted out laughing, tears gently flowing down my face.

"I thought you were the meanest person I met until you helped me control my powers. You thought me to be a true goddess Hades. There is good in you. Lot more than you can imagine. And I know it wasn't just me that put it there. You are better than you think Hades. I know it."

"Eris please don't say that"  I was so deep in tears. Eris was everything to me and now I was about to loose her!

"You hear those bells Hades? My time is up. Oh well, I would have loved to stay and chitchat but all in good faith. I'll be going now Hades."

"Eris no! Please don't go!"

"Look who is being clingy now."  She filled her eyes and nudged my arm. Even at death she was still her usual self.

"Goodbye Hades, and  take care of Medusa would you."  She closed her eyes and she was gone. Eris was dead.

"Goodbye Eris."

          My heart was broken, the one person who understood this works the way I did, my everything was gone! She died ready, she didn't cry, she didn't beg, she didn't scream. She died  like a true goddess.

"I'll be strong for you Eris. Goodbye Eris, forever. "

MEDUSA'S POV

           I ran towards the gates to meet my sisters. They were battling a huge saytor. I struck it with the bolt and it fried up.

"Oh thank heavens you came." Eurgate panted.

"It's time we go. We need to leave." Scylla said.

"No!"

"What do you mean no?" Scylla questioned .

"If we leave now, Hades comes after us."

"But we have the bolt Medusa."

"And he has my soul. We have to go back to him or we loose everything."

"Fine!"