Chapter 5

Cameron steadily walked into the already packed cafeteria. He looked over to the back, and there, in the same place as Cameron was sitting yesterday was Nash. Nash was sitting alone. He looked up at Cameron and smiled. He then moved his head, motioning for Cameron to come and sit with him. Cameron smiled back and made his way over to the table.

"Hi." Nash said shyly. "Hi." Cameron said while sitting down next to him. "You don't come here often." Nash stated. Cameron sighed. "Yeah, I prefer to be alone most of the time. So I usually go sit under the bleachers." he said while fiddeling in his bag. "So why are you here then?" Nash questioned. Cameron hesitated for a second. "Because you're here I guess." Cameron said with a smile. Nash's face went red. He didn't really know what to make of Cameron's statement. "Uh..um yeah." Nash mumbled. "So, the bleachers?" Nash asked. "Yeah, I like it way more than this place." Cameron said honestly. "Would you rather like to go there?" Nash asked, hoping he'd get the chance to be alone with Cameron.

Cameron giggled nervously. "Uh yeah sure, come on." he said. Cameron stood up and grabbed Nash's arm. It sent sparks through his hand. Cameron's heartbeat began beating incredibly fast. Nash bit his lip.

Nash and Cameron walked down the now empty hallway. Cameron had forgotten that he was still holding Nash's arm. Nash took this opportunity to pull his arm up and slip his hand in Cameron's. Cameron's eyes widened at the contact, however he did not make eye contact with Nash. Nash looked down, his face now a bright red. Cameron took this opportunity to intertwine their fingers. This took Nash by surprise. It, however could not prevent his cheeks from heating up even more so.

They walked like that all the way to the bleachers. Neither of them really put to much attention on it, well they didn't make it obvious to one another. They just enjoyed it because there was no denying how good it made both of them feel.

Nash, much to Cameron's dismay, let his hand go when they reached the field. There were people sitting on it. At the far end anyway. Cameron had the urge to grab Nash's hand again, but he didn't.

They approached the bleachers. They walked around to the side of them. A small gap at the bottom.

Cameron helped Nash climb through the bottom. The bleachers were concrete with small gaps inbetween them. Once they got through Nash was amazed. The space under the bleachers was beautiful. The small slivers of light shining through made it almost magical. The grass that grew there was almost to Nash's ankles.

"So this is your little secret?" Nash asked with a smirk. He continued to take in his surroundings.

"Nice isn't it?" Cameron said while pulling out a beaten up chair. "How often are you here?" Nash asked with a giggle. "Way to often. Sometimes when I don't feel like attending some stupid class, I end up here." Cameron said.

"Does anyone else know about this?" Nash asked. Cameron shook his head. Cameron was almost certain no-one else knew about this place, and even if they did, he doubted they'd come here. People usually went to the cafeteria because that was the only time they could see their friends from the other grades. The stoners would usually smoke behind the school and the rest of the people would sit on the field.

"Only me, and now you." Cameron said. Cameron motioned to the beaten up chair. "Sit." Cameron said. "But where will you sit?" Nash asked. "There is a thing called the floor you know." Cameron said with a giggle. Nash sighed. Nash didnt want Cameron to sit on the floor. "Nash. Sit." Cameron said again while sitting on the grass. Nash shrugged and sat on the old and battered up chair. It was much more comfortable than he thought it would be.

Nash suddenly got a burst of confidence.

"You know I notice right?" Nash said while staring into the distance. "What?" Cameron asked obliviously. "You. Staring at me during church." Nash said. Cameron immediatly started to freak out. He quickly stood up. His heart beat increased and his eyes widened. He thought no-one noticed. He was almost certain of it.

He began to shake his head. "I-I I am sorry I didnt mean-" He rambled on and on.

Nash rolled his eyes and stood up. He walked up close to Cameron. A slight smirk apparent on his face.

"I like it when you stare at me."