Chapter 18

Jacob Whitesides was looked up to in the little town of Crawford. 

His family had been in the spot light and had donated much of their earnings to the church and to the school. The Whitesides family was probably one of the most well known family. 

And, of course, this meant that Jacob had to behave himself. 

Jacob was a simple guy, he didn't need anything extravagant or special to make him happy. He was happy with the way he was. He was content with his life. 

Although, he did play the roll of the bad boy at school. Partially because it was fun, it entertained him. 

Every single girl wanted him. And he liked that, he liked it so much. 

He liked the effect he had on them. Just a smirk, a look, a wave and they would be like putty in his hands. 

He never really pursued this though. Jacob Whitesides was the biggest virgin out there. 

You'd never think. In a small school like this, you could almost guarantee that everyone was a virgin, except for Jacob. Because well, he was Jacob. 

But everything changed. 

Mahogany Lox was like an unexpected sprinkle of glitter in his life. 

He liked her the minute he saw her walk into that cafeteria. There was something about her. She obviously was not like the girls here. The uptight, boring and bland girls that walked the halls of Crawford high. 

He was quite shocked at the way she responded to his advances, but he kind of liked it. No girl had ever denied him before. No girl had ever questioned him. 

And yet there he is, with her. 

The night he drove Mahogany home was the best night of his life. In fact, he hadn't driven her home at all. They had somehow ended up on his bed, in the midst of a very heated make out session. 

And of course, it led to other things. 

But something about loosing your virginity to someone you just met didn't really bother Jacob. He felt as if they had something. Something real. He hoped that he was not thinking that things were more meaningful than they actually were. 

Mahogany had left first thing in the morning, not uttering a word to Jacob. 

At first Jacob thought she was just as unprepared and slightly shocked that it actually happened. 

But when two weeks passed and not a word from Mahogany, Jacob knew he messed up. 

Jacob had attempted to talk to Mahogany on many occasions. She would just blow him off every single time. Making up lame excuses that made no sense and avoiding him. 

And it hurt. 

What they had shared that night was special. 

It was. 

To him at least. 

Jacob had never really experienced heart break. He had never had his heart broken, he had never felt rejected. And yet, right now, he felt like he was drenched in melancholy. 

Jacob felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He slid it out to see a message from no-one other than the Mahogany Lox. 

-From Mahogs 

-We need to talk, asap. 

Jacob sighed and texted back. 

-To Mahogs 

-What time what place?

Mahogany almost replied immediately. 

-From Mahogs

-I'm outside. 

Jacob frowned and threw his phone on the bed. He quickly went downstairs and opened his front door. 

Mahogany stood there. 

"Hey," he said softly while scratching the back of his head. 

"Can I come in?" Mahogany said. 

Jacob nodded and stood aside to let Mahogany in. 

"Did you use a condom?" she suddenly asked. 

Jacobs eyes widened. 

In a place like Crawford, contraceptive was only used by adults because they were the only ones having sex. 

"You didn't?" Mahogany said with wide eyes and she ran her hands through her hair. She let out an exasperated sigh. 

"Fuck," she muttered. 

"Whats wrong?" he asked while attempting to comfort her. 

She yanked herself away from me and started to breath rapidly. 

She immediately stopped and looked me dead in the eyes. 

"I think I'm pregnant."