Chapter 7

Cameron anxiously opened the front door of his house and walked in. With Nash trailing behind him.

Cameron didn't have the biggest house. Nash wasn't discouraged by this.

"I like it. It's very homeish." Nash said while looking around.

The walls were bare. Nash is used to having family photos everywhere, however the fact that Cameron had none, made Nash a bit suspicious of his homelife. I mean surely he should have family photo's somewhere.

"Come on." Cameron said while leading Nash in the correct direction.

Cameron pulled Nash through the barren house. Nash took in all his surroundings. As they advanced through the house, Nash started to get worried about how Cameron's home life was.

They arrived in a bare room. Cameron pulled the string that hung at the ceiling and pulled down the stairs.

"You live in the attic?" Nash questioned.
Cameron aimlessly shrugged. He was now suddenly very self conscious.

"I think it's cool." Nash remarked. Nash didn't want Cameron to feel bad. Nash's worries began to increase and increase.

Cameron smiled. "You go first." He said.
Nash nodded and began climbing the broad ladder. Cameron soon followed him.

Nash was amazed when he saw Cameron's room.

There were posters everywhere. The room was quite small but it felt so... Comfortable.

"I know it's not much." Cameron said while shamefully looking down. He knew that Nash's room was probably gigantic. And that his room was nothing compared to Nash.

"I love it." Nash said while smiling.

Nash did love it. He thought it was so... Creative. Cameron used this space to his advantage and made it look beautiful. There were fairy lights handing from the slanted ceiling that made everything seem so magical.

"I wish I could have a room like this. My dad refuses to let me decorate my room." Nash said while trailing the edges of a poster.

Cameron shrugged. He couldn't tell if Nash was lying or not. He really hoped he wasn't just pitying him.

"So, do you want to show me some of that music?" Nash asked.

"Uh yeah sure. Sit." Cameron said while looking for his iPod in his desk. Nash nodded and sat on Cameron's small bed.

Cameron rustled through his draws looking for his iPod.

Once he found it he pulled his earphones out of his school bag. He then went over and sat next to Nash on the bed.

Cameron sat against the wall. The ceiling was slanted so there wasn't a lot of space.

Nash scooted over next to him.

Cameron plugged his earphones in and handed Nash an earphone. He stuck the other in his ear. Nash scooted even closer so that the cable wouldn't stretch too far.

Cameron and Nash were incredibly close. They were both nervous. They sat like that for a while.

"Cam?" Nash asked quietly.

"You should probably play some music." Nash continued.

"Oh uh right sorry." Cameron awkwardly said while scrolling through his music.

He didn't know what to play so he hit shuffle. 'Breezeblocks' by AltJ started playing. Cameron smiled, this was one of his favorite songs.

Nash shifted even closer to Cameron. He turned his head to face Cameron.

Nash was nervous. He wanted to kiss Cameron. He really really did. But he was afraid. Afraid that somehow Cameron would reject him. Afraid to face his own sexuality. He was just afraid. He just really really liked Cameron. He didn't know why. He felt such a strong infatuation towards him.

"Do you ever get upset?" Cameron suddenly asked.

"About what?"

"Your dad. His sermons. Do they ever upset you?"

Nash thought about this. His father's sermons and lectures did upset Nash. But he never let it show. Ever. He knew that he could never chance how his father thinks. And he accepted this. He just wished that maybe his dad would be able to accept him.

Hayes on the other hand didn't really give a crap about his father. Hayes was in love and wouldn't let his father stand in the way. He hid it from his father out of respect. But Hayes knew the minute he turned 18 he would come out. And then move to LA with Aaron.

Nash wished he was like Hayes. Thought the way he did, accepted his sexuality, had someone who loved him and had the guts to come out, not now, but eventually. He admired how Hayes constantly evaded his father.

"Nash?" Cameron asked.

"I don't let it get to me. I can't change him Cam." Nash said.

"I know he won't ever be able to accept me or my choices but I'll live." Nash continued.

"That's a good way to think Nash." Cameron said.

Cameron half expected Nash to hate his father. He was surprised at Nash's attitude towards the whole thing.

"Where's your dad?" Nash asked. Nash had never seen Cameron's dad. It was only ever Cameron and his mother that showed up to church. Nash thought that maybe he was busy all the time.

"He left."

"Oh..I'm sorry for asking."

Cameron smiled. "Ah don't worry about it. It was no big loss."

There was silence.

"I like your eyes." Cameron said. He was completely memorized by Nash's eyes. They looked dark blue in the light.

"And I like you." Nash said.

Cameron's heart started beating faster and faster.

Nash was also nervous. He didn't think he had the confidence to say that.

"I like you too." Cameron stuttered out.

Nash felt an amazing sense of relief.

Nash started to lean in. His lips were a few millimeters from Cameron's lips.

He would feel Cameron's shallow breath.

Nash stayed like that, hoping Cameron would close the small gap.

And he did.