Chapter 17

Sex is something special, shared between two people. Whether you love each other or not, well, that is up to the people partaking in it.

Sex is construed and made out to be such a terrible thing by teachers and parents and every single sex education lesson.

But the thing is, sex isn't some scary monster that will abduct you in the night. Sex is just, well, sex. And it should be enjoyed.

Yes, granted there are things you need to keep in mind, such as being safe and protecting yourself from STD's and STI's.

But if you take away all the fear and the negatitivity that people put with the idea of sex, it is, beautiful.

It's a way two people share their love for each other.

And Hayes Grier was more than ready to take that step.

Hayes was the type of person who would just go along with the flow. He didn't ever really have to think about things too hard.

But when he met Aaron Carpenter, his entire life changed.

He fell in love with the older boy, as did Aaron with him.

It was difficult at first, having to sneak around his father, although, he does still sneak, he is just a bit better at it.

Hayes would see Aaron on the weekends. It was the only time they could share together.

Hayes was also very smart. He had developed a way to make sure he would never be caught with Aaron.

Pastor Chad was very much for extra curricular activity. So when Hayes had approached him about an outside town youth and leadership facility that operated on the weekends, he just couldn't say no.

Hayes had even created fake fliers and sold this story to his father who happily bought it.

Nash had not known about it at the time, but when he had found out, he was very proud of his little brother and how he had evaded their father so such a long time.

Hayes still, however, still felt bad for going behind his fathers back. Hayes loved his father and he loved him very much. He just wished he could tell his father who he really was. He just wished that he wouldn't feel guilty every time he walks past his dad. He just wished he could talk to his dad every time he and Aaron had a fight and get advice and he just wished he could be himself.

Hayes knew from the minute he could even comprehend, that he was gay.

He however felt differently about his brother.

Nash was difficult for Hayes to decipher.

Hayes knew that Nash had a thing for the boy at church.

Hayes just wondered when Nash would ever make a move. In fact Hayes never thought Nash would ever make a move so it was a bit of a surprise when Hayes saw Nash and Cameron together.

Nash was sloppy, he wasn't careful enough. Kissing in the open like that? Did he want to be caught?

Hayes made a mental note to talk to Nash about that, maybe give him some tips on how to be more careful.

It was key that they not get caught. If they did, well, things would not end very well.

They'd get shunned and banished, if they were lucky.

If they were'nt, they would be sent to Stone-garden. Stone-garden was a place, a building, for people with problems.

Whether it be, alcoholism, drug abuse, unnatural urges or mental disease, that's where you would be sent.