Chapter 12

Mahogany took a deep breath as she followed Matthew to the table where Jacob was sitting.

"Hello there." Jacob said as he got up and stood in front of Mahogany. He looked her up and down, taking in her appearance.

He had never seen a girl or anyone for that matter, dressed like that at all. It was completely different for him. he liked it though. She seemed very confident.

"Why'd you call me over here hey?" Mahogany said while crossing her arms.

"And why couldn't you do it yourself" She asked.

Jacob raised an eyebrow at her. She had attitude. She had a lot of attitude. Jacob was not used to girls sassing him. Usually girls would just fall over when he even acknowledged their existence. This girl however was not falling for his charm.

"Well I didn't think it would be a problem." Jacob stated while shrugging.

"I seriously don't appreciate you summoning me like i'm some fucking waitress, especially if you cannot even do it yourself and you have to send Justin bieber lookalikes to do it for you. You know what, grow some balls and learn to do shit yourself!" Mahogany said as she walked away.

Jacob stood there absolutely speechless. He had never heard a girl swear, in fact no-one ever swore.

"Hey!" He said while running after her.

"What?" she asked as she turned around to face him.

"I'm sorry okay!" Jacob said as he sighed.

"It's just you're not like most girls here you know..." he said while scratching behind his neck.

"I know." she said while nodding.

"Can I start over? I feel like a jerk." he admitted.

Mahogany smiled, "Sure."

"My name's Jacob." he said with a smile.

"And mine's Mahogany." she said with a smile.

"Like the wood." he said with a smile.

Mahogany chuckled, "Yes like the wood."

"So where are you from?" he asked.

Mahogany smiled. "Around. My mom travels from town to town. So don't expect me to be here for long." she said with a shrug.

"It's a shame, I would've loved to get to know you." he said with a smirk.

"Oh, you can still do that." She said with a smile. Jacob looked down and chuckled.

"So um, after practice today, the guys and I go for some food and chill and stuff, would you like to come?" he asked, hoping she would say yes.

"Well, I'm friends with Nash and he invited me to come with him, so I would've come anyway."

"You and him aren't.."

"God no." Mahogany said with a laugh.

"Oh thank god." Jacob said with a sigh.

Mahogany's attention was drawn to Cameron walking out of the cafeteria, alone.

"Hey, i'll see you later okay. I gotta go." Mahogany said with a smile. Jacob nodded.

Mahogany quickly ran after Cameron.

"Cam! Hey Cam wait!" Mahogany yelled.

Cameron looked up at Mahogany.

"What happened?" she asked.

Cameron shrugged. "What always happens."

Mahogany sighed. "Come on. Lets go talk." she said while leading him outside and to a small bench.

They both sat down.

"What happened?" she asked again.

"Taylor Caniff came to talk to Nash. Told him he wants Nash to sit with him and his group." Cameron said with a shrug.

"Continue."

"And then Taylor invited me to sit with them too. But when I got there, there was no place for me sit and Nash didn't move or anything and then he ignored me and started talking to his friends. He didn't even notice I was there..." Cameron said softly.

Mahogany let out a sigh. "We don't have to watch them practice if you don't want to. You can come over and we can watch Mean Girls." Mahogany said with a smile.

"No no, you want to meet Jacob and stuff." Cameron added.

"I already did. It went well... I think." Mahogany said with a frown.

"Well what happened?" Cameron asked.

"He asked me to come Denny's after they practice. I don't have to go, I'll stay with you if you want me to." she said with a smile.

"You're the best Lox but I wont let you miss the opportunity to get with the Jacob Whitesides." Cameron said with a smile.

"Thanks Cam..."

"And about Nash... Give him time okay. I'm sure he'll come around." Mahogany pulled her phone out of her pocket and handed it to Cameron.

"Put your number in okay. We can text whenever you feel down or anything or if you want hang out. I'm just a text away." she said while winking.

Cameron quickly put his number in and handed the phone back to Mahogany.

Suddenly Nash came running up to the two on the bench. "Cameron!" he exclaimed.

Cameron didn't say anything.

"Why'd you leave?" he asked while scratching his head.

"I wasn't wanted there Nash, you know that." Cameron said softly.

"Can we talk really quickly." Nash asked.

Nash looked at Mahogany, "Alone."

Mahogany raised her hands in defense. "Sure. I'm going." she said as she walked away.

"That was kind of rude." Cameron commented. Nash rolled his eyes.

"My friends are on to it." Nash said.

"On to what?" Nash asked.

"Us." Nash confirmed.

"There is no us, Nash." Cameron said with a sigh.

"Well, whatever we're doing. They know."

"How do they know?" Cameron asked.

"It doesn't matter okay. I think we should stop hanging out for a while okay." Nash said while looking down.

"Oh."

"I should go." Nash said while walking back to the cafeteria, leaving Cameron alone, once again.

Cameron was confused, he had only known Nash for a couple of days. And that's how long most friends last before they abandon him.

It was normal, Cameron was used to it.

Cameron made his way over to the bleachers and sat. He was alone, just the way he liked it to be. The way it was supposed to be.