The Return Of The Pevensies

CHAPTER 3 

CHAPTER 3 

(Athena POV)

I was aboard the Dawn Treader as Caspian and I made our voyage across Narnia to find the missing Lords. Over the past three years, Caspian and I had grown closer but nothing had yet to happen. I truly miss Peter but I know it was never meant to be. I miss the Pevensies so much. I can't help but wonder when Aslan will return Edmund and Lucy to Narnia. I was leaning against the rail of the ship when I feel three pulls of magic. Someone had entered Narnia. I look out into the water and see three heads pop out of the water.

"People overboard!" I yell out as I take off my corset. I climb up onto the rail and find Caspian by my side before we jump into the water. I quickly swim to the boy that is the furthest out and grab him.

"It's all right. I've got you," I say and the boy turns to look at me.

"Athena!" Edmund says.

"Edmund!" I say happy to see one of the Pevensies.

"Lucy!" Edmund calls out at the same time I hear a girl call out, "Edmund!"

"Edmund, it's Caspian!" Lucy calls out.

"And Athena!" Edmund calls back. We start swimming over to the ship. "Are we in Narnia?"

"Yes, you're in Narnia," I tell him with a smile as we watch Lucy and Caspian be brought up to the railing. "Hold on." Edmund and I are soon raised out of the water.

"That was thrilling!" Lucy says.

"How in the world did you end up here?" Caspian asks her.

"I have no idea," Lucy says.

"Caspian," Edmund says.

"Edmund," Caspian says as he walks over to him with a towel.

"Athena!" Lucy calls out as she runs over and gives me a hug.

"It's great to see you," I tell her.

"Great to see you," Lucy replies before we turn to face Edmund and Caspian. "Didn't you call for us?"

"No. Not this time," Caspian answers.

"Well, whatever the case, I'm just glad to be here," Edmund says as we all smile. There is then someone screaming as Caspian grabs another towel and wraps it around my shoulders. I give Caspian a thankful smile before we turn to see Reepicheep on top of a boy.

"Get that thing off me! Get that thing off me!" The boy yells before he throws Reepicheep.

"Reepicheep!" Lucy says with a smile.

"Oh. Your Majesties," Reepicheep says as he straightens his sword and bows.

"Hello, Reep. What a pleasure," Edmund says.

"The pleasure is all mine, sir. But first, what to do about this hysterical interloper?" Reepicheep asks as we turn to see the boy on his knees coughing.