Aslan's Country

CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

(Athena POV)

As the serpent falls into the water, the light starts to shine in.

"The spell it's lifting," Lucy says. "Edmund! Caspian! Athena! Look!"

"Narnians! Narnians!" A man yells out.

"Mummy! Helaine!" Gael and Rhince call out before jumping into the water. Edmund walks over to Lucy and wraps an arm around her.

"Caspian," I say. Caspian turns to me with a smile which causes me to smile. Caspian runs over to me before picking me up and spinning me around. Caspian then kisses me and everyone starts cheering. Caspian and I pull away from each other as I blush.  "Let's have them on board!"

"Clear the decks," Caspian orders. Caspian and I walk over to Edmund and Lucy. I wrap on arm around Lucy while the other one is around Caspian.

"We did it. I knew we would," Lucy says.

"It wasn't just us, though," Edmund says.

"You mean..." Caspian goes to ask.

"Hey! Hey, I'm down here, Lucy. Over here! Hey, Lucy. I'm in the water. Lucy!" A voice yells. We go to the other railing and find Eustace in the water.

"Eustace," Lucy calls out.

"I'm a boy again. I'm a boy," Eustace says.

"Eustace! I see your wings have been clipped. Ha, ha!" Reepicheep says before jumping into the water. "Where sky and water meet, Where the waves grow ever sweet." Reepicheep sings before tasting the water. "It is sweet. It's sweet! Look! Look!" Flowers can be seen in the distance.

"Aslan's country," I say with a smile.

"We must be close," Caspian adds.

"Well, we've come this far," Edmund says. After changing, Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, Eustace, Reepicheep, and I take a longboat and head for Aslan's country. "So, what was it like when Aslan changed you back?"

"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really. I'm so sorry for being such a sop," Eustace answers.

"It's okay, Eustace. You were a pretty good dragon," Edmund says.

"My friends, we have arrived," Reepicheep says. We turn to see a giant wave. We make it to shore where Caspian helps me out of the boat. We all start walking towards the wave. I notice that Eustace looks behind us.

"Aslan," Eustace says and we all quickly turn to find the great lion.