The Blue Star

CHAPTER 12 

CHAPTER 12 

(Athena POV)

"Athena! Lucy!" Gael's voice causes me to wake up.

"What is it?" I ask her.

"Look!" Gael points to the sky. There is the Blue Star. "Lucy, wake up!" Gael starts to shake her until she wakes up. "Look!"

"The Blue Star!" I say.

"Everybody!" Lucy calls out excitedly. "Everybody, wake up!" I turn to see Caspian and Edmund waking up.

"It's the Blue Star!" I say.

"Come on, old boy, wake up," Reepicheep says as he wakes up Eustace. I turn back to Caspian and send him a smile. We then return to the ship and follow the Blue Star.

"The wind has left us," Drinian says.

"So how do we get to Ramandu's Island now then?" Edmund asks.

"My guess is something doesn't want us to get there," Drinian answers as he walks away. There is talk of eating Eustace before the whole ship jerks. Caspian quickly grabs onto me to keep me from falling.

"What did we hit?" I ask as everyone starts standing up. We rush to the rail to see that we are actually moving.

"Eustace, that's brilliant," Edmund calls out as we turn to see Eustace pulling the ship.

"Onward, ho!" Reepicheep calls out. Caspian, Edmund, and I all head into the study.

"We can't be sure the other lords even made it to Ramandu's Island," Caspian says as he looks at the swords.

"There's always hope," I tell him as I rest a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Land Ho!" Someone calls out. We make our way outside to find a beautiful island in the distance. We prepare the longboats and go to shore. We follow behind Edmund since he has his torch and it had turned dark. We find a table filled with food. Aslan's table.

"Mmm. Food," Tavros says.

"Wait," Drinian says making him stop. We find three men tangled in vines.

"Lord Revilian. Lord Mavramorn. Lord Argoz," Caspian says as he looks at each of their rings. I move Lord Revilian's hair out of his face and notice that he is breathing.

"He's breathing," I say.

"So are they," Edmund says as he shines his torch on the other two. "They're under a spell."

"It's the food!" Caspian calls out causing the crew to drop the food.

"Hey. It's the stone knife," Edmund says.

"This is Aslan's table," I say.

"Their swords. On the table," Caspian says as we grab the men's swords before adding them with the others we had already found on the table. "That's six. Still missing one." The swords start to glow.

"Look!" Lucy says as we look up to see a bright getting closer from the sky. Caspian unsheathes his sword and comes to stand beside me. The light changes into a woman.

"Travelers of Narnia welcome," She says. The crew bows to her. "Arise. Are you not hungry?"

"Who are you?" Edmund asks.

"I'm Liliandial, daughter of Ramandu. I am your guide," Liliandial says.

"You're a star?" Caspian asks her. She nods.

"You are most beautiful," Edmund says.

"If it is a distraction for you, I can change form," Liliandial says.

"No!" Edmund and Caspian say. Lucy and I look at each other and roll our eyes at their behavior.

"Please. The food is for you. There is enough for all who are welcome at Aslan's table. Always. Help yourselves," Liliandial says.

"Wait. What happened to them?" I ask as Edmund shines his torch on the three Lords.

"These poor men were half-mad by the time they reached our shores. They were threatening violence upon each other. Violence is forbidden at the table of Aslan. So they were sent to sleep," Liliandial answers.

"Will they ever wake?" Lucy asks.

"When all is put right. Come there is little time," Liliandial says. The crew starts eating while Caspian, Edmund, Lucy, and I follow Liliandial. "The magician, Coriakin, told you of Dark Island?"

"Yes," Caspian answers.

"Before long, the evil will be unstoppable," Liliandial explains as we look out at the island.

"Coriakin said to break its spell, we lay the seven swords at Aslan's table," I say.

"He speaks the truth," Liliandial says.

"But we only found six. Do you know where the seventh is?" Edmund asks.

"In there," Liliandial answers as she points at the Dark Island. "You will need great courage. Now, waste no time."

"I hope we meet again," Edmund says.

"Goodbye," Liliandial says before she disappears back into the sky. Edmund and Lucy go join the crew at the table.

"May Aslan be with us," I say before I turn to look at Caspian. I find him staring at me. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just you are amazingly beautiful," Caspian answers and I feel myself blush.

"Thank you," I say. "Let's get back to the others." Caspian nods before we join the others.