Lord Bern?

CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

(Caspian POV)

"Actually someone else is going to pay for all of you," A man says as he walks towards us. Athena starts fighting against the men holding her again. The man that was just talking walks over to her and grabs her chin. "If I knew that people wouldn't pay well for you then I would keep you." Athena then spits in his face. "Take them away."

"No! Edmund! Edmund!" Lucy calls out as she and Eustace are dragged towards the door.

"Lucy!" Edmund calls out.

"No!" Athena yells as she is being dragged away too. "Caspian!"

"Athena! No!" I yell as I start fighting against the men holding me. The last thing I see is Athena's scared face before everything fades to black. I wake up in the dungeon with Edmund beside me. I get up and start trying to get the door open. I kick the door one more time before I see Edmund sit up.

"You all right?" I ask him.

"Yeah," He answers. I can't believe that I failed to protect Athena. I start kicking the door again. I have to get to her.

"It's hopeless. You'll never get out," A voice says.

"Who's there?" Edmund asks as we look at the shadows.

"Nobody. Just a voice in my head," The voice answers as I walk towards the shadows. The man walks to the edge of the shadows and freezes. He looks oddly familiar.

"Lord Bern?" I ask.

"Perhaps once, but I'm no longer deserving of that title," Lord Bern answers.

"Is he one of the seven?" Edmund asks and I nod before going over to Lord Bern.

"Your face. You remind me of a king I once loved well," Lord Bern says.

"That man was my father," I tell him.

"Oh, my lord. Please forgive me," Lord Bern says as he goes to get on his knee to bow.

"No, please. Please," I tell him as I help him up.

"No! No!" A woman's voice could be heard outside.

"Helaine!" A man's voice calls out.

"Mummy!" A little girl's voice. I go climb up to the window beside Edmund. We see people being loaded into longboats.

"Where are they taking them?" I ask Lord Bern.

"Keep watching," Lord Bern answers. A dark cloud comes over the sky as green mist comes from the water. The people are the swarmed by the green mist. The green mist retreats and the longboat is gone.

"What happened?" I ask.

"It's a sacrifice," Lord Bern answers.

"Where did they go?" I ask as Edmund and I climb down.