Chapter 66: 66 - Red Skies

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN NARUTO, HINATA DOES

############################################################

Legacy Part 2

War Arc

Chapter 66 - Red Skies

############################################################

Every era has its battles...but this will be the last war

A new day was starting and the sun was blossoming behind the dark clouds in the sky.

Rain.

The only constant in the rain village. A village that always had seen so much change. But the Rain remained, falling from the sky. Forming vast lakes around the village. In a way, the people had learned to embrace the rain and most even took comfort in that. It was the only thing that remained true in their home.

Leaders and nations come and go...but the rain endured.

Silence. There was an uneasy silence in the rain village. The streets were deserted, the houses seemed empty as well. The water ran free through the empty streets, flowing into the drains and ending on the outside of the village.

The rain village was notorious for its modern designed buildings. Metallic skyscrapers, rowed ducts and power lines running between the buildings. And at the center of the village. Pein's Tower. The tallest of all buildings. Overlooking the village like a guardian. Reconstructed just like it was before.

It was a shame. The rain village was one the earliest small villages ever formed, and just like the others it had a bloody history, filled with ups and downs, loss and gain, happy and sad moments. And it was shame because before the day was over, the rain village would be nothing more than dust. Nothing more than ash. Nothing more than a memory...washed away by the greatest battle ever seen in the elemental nations.

But the village didn't know its end was coming to pass. After all, she was still standing like it had been for decades.

Three figures stepped out from Pein's tower. The middle one stood proud and tall, his long black hair wet and clinging to his blood red armor. He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes into the distance, his face twisting into a smirk for seemingly no reason.

"It is time" Madara commented, watching a lone figure in the distance appear out of nowhere, standing a good distance from the village.

By his side stood a man who wore dark blue pants with a blue cloth hanging from halfway up his stomach to his knees. He also wore black arm guards that covered his forearms and stretched up to reach his upper biceps. He also wore a purple rope belt around his waist, tied in a bow, in which he carries his sword.

He opened his eyes and the familiar blood red of the sharingan flared to life. "I have no interest in your war" the figure said, turning to face him. A young face, marred by cracks and darkened sclerae. Markings of the edo tensei.

"I thought you would be pleased to face your enemies once more" Madara replied with amusement.

"Your enemies, not mine. Besides, this is not my world anymore" Sasuke snorted, turning back to face the horizon, his eyes darkening. "I don't deserve to be here after what I've done"

"I did not think you would grow a heart, young Uchiha" Madara said. Sasuke was an intriguing Uchiha to Madara. He could see the several traits of the halfblooded line, but this one seemed to embrace his punishment. "What do you think, Fugaku?" Madara asked, turning to the other figure who had remained silent. Not by choice mind you.