Chapter 69: 69 - Epilogue

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN NARUTO, HINATA DOES

############################################################

Legacy Part 2

A New Era Arc

Chapter 69 - Epilogue

############################################################

Three years had passed since the final battle between Naruto and Madara.

"Three years" The twenty year old Naruto said out loud, looking at dimming sun on the horizon. Nothing had changed in his appearance to the exception of a more rugged face and a couple inches in height.

He stood clad in nothing but boxers, admiring the darkening sky from the balcony. After the war had been settled and the city was up and running properly, Naruto and Hinata finally had their small wedding ceremony, and were now enjoying their honey moon in spring country.

Republic city had become the capital of the elemental nations. The largest city in the world with a population of millions. Their gates were open to the world and anyone who wished to both visit and come to live in the large city.

Republic City was home to a variety of iconic landmarks. A spacious city park, complements of Senju Hashirama. At the very entrance of city stood two gigantic statues of Naruto and Madara, just like the ones in the valley of the end. And at the center, the Shadow Tower, both home and workplace to the man who watched over the city.

Ootsutsuki Naruto, Shodaime Kage (First Shadow) of Republic City. No element was chosen to his title to remind people for what the city stood for. It was home for any shinobi, from any nation. They had finally achieved it. Peace.

Ootsutsuki Naruto. You read that correctly. Naruto chose to be named Senju back in Konoha to keep is clan name alive. But now both Hashirama and Tobirama were alive. He chose to honor Hagoromo and bring once more the ancient clan's name and reputation to life. He was after all his reincarnation, just as Hinata was Hamura's.

"Naruto" A sleep-roughed voice murmured seconds before he felt Hinata hugging him from behind. "Come back to bed"

He slowly turned around to face Hinata. She like him hadn't changed much. The biggest difference was perhaps her now longer hair, reaching her ankles in length. He wrapped his arms around her small frame and pulled her for a soft kiss under the dimming sun in the sky. Hinata leaned into the kiss and sighed in bliss.

"We spent the day in bed" He said as they separated. Hinata was looping her arms around his neck when Naruto caught her hand. They slid their fingers together and Naruto brought Hinata's wedding ring between their faces.

"One ring to show our love. One ring to bind us" Naruto began and Hinata smiled softly.

"One ring to seal our love. And forever to entwine us" Hinata finished leaning for another kiss.

"Want to go down for some dinner?" He asked, kissing her forehead gently.

"Sure" She replied and went back inside to get dressed.

*Knock Knock*

Both Naruto and Hinata turned towards the door. "One minute" Naruto replied, walking towards the bed and throwing a quick quimono on. "Come in"

The door opened and a well-dressed man stepped inside. From the badge on his shirt Naruto deduced he was part of the hotel staff they were staying. "I'm truly sorry for interrupting, Lord Naruto" The man said, bowing.