drugin' | two.

March 25, 2018

               Three days later

               Three days later. Shantey was seated out on the balcony of the hotel room when someone knocked on the door of her suite. Anissa stood from the chair and walked back into the suite, going to answer the door; dressed down in a blue-multi Tie-Dye Crewneck Sweatshirt with light washed distressed jeans and sandals. Anissa looked through the peephole, recognizing the person on the other side. She opened the door gaining the gentleman's attention.

               That gentleman being Shantey's manager her entire career, Lawerence Green, or known as Law from what they called him for short. Skin the color of smooth caramel, average height with glasses and a full beard, Law dressed comfortably in a white 1975 Modernity graphic tee with black Adidas Lock-Up Logo Track Pants and Adidas sneakers. A orange fold over ribbed beanie covering his waves and diamond studs in his ears. Law's Gucci cologne had taken over the room completely.

"Hey, Law," Anissa greeted, shutting the door behind him.

"Sup. Where she at?"

Anissa pointed towards the balcony, walking to the kitchen while Law footed towards the open doors. When he reached the doors, he stood there and stared at Shantey, who was on her iPhone. He shook his head and stepped outside saying, "You would think yo' phone broke by the way you been dodging my calls."

Shantey watched him as he sat down. "Good morning to you too, Law. My day is going fantastic. I mean, I've been staying in a hotel for the past three days because my sister fucked up my house. I'm reaching out to attorneys to regain custody of my son, too. Oh, I'm just getting out of rehab and wanted to chill for a few days instead of talking to you or the label about rushing me into the studio. Sorry for not contacting either of you back. Happy?"

Law sarcastically laughed. "Great sarcasm, smart-ass." He sat down in the chair Anissa once occupied and says, "Anissa been keeping me update with everything. You need to get back into the studio though, Shantey. Release a single or something. I care about your personal life and you wanting a few days off, but do you think top heads at Republic Records caring about that? You lost money by not going on that tour. All they wanting is money. If you ain't making em none, what's the point of keeping you their roster?"