drugin' | thirty.

August 3, 2019

I don't got my priorities straightDon't know who Im gonna be todayIm no victim but I deal with shit on the daily

Don't know who Im gonna be today
Im no victim but I deal with shit on the daily

Something pullin I can't get away
Never livin outside of my head
I don't like showin weakness,
so I always fake it. . (..)

Shantey plays her last recorded song for her Ep, an acoustic-backed and deeply personal song of hers. It's something she's never written before about struggling with a relationship and her mental health. She's never dug deep into her soul pulling out lyrics talking about her mental health that she's dealt with her whole life. As she wrote, she doesn't like showing weakness. So she fakes it everyday.

She always felt she had to fake it due to being a mother and not wanting to show her sons weakness. At a early age, she had to suck up her tears and keep them inside which caused her to become an emotionally detached person towards everyone, aside from her sons. She felt she had to be the strongest person for everybody and not taking time for herself.

Writing this song she's titling Heavy is her opening up about that.

Shantey listens to her vocals in the studio with Sino, Anissa, and Natalie. She has Natalie there for confirmation to go on her Ep. It's the final song that needed to be listened to.

Natalie stops the song and nods her head in approval. Shantey opens her eyes and looks in her direction. "This is beautiful Shantey. Like, the lyrics are... deep. Then you got Jenifer Lewis on there speaking her words."

"Yeahh," she elongates, "I figure since the documentary I open up a bit more. I need this on my Ep."

"Oh, believe me, they're gonna approve this." Natalie voices confidently. "Then your Ep will release a few days later. We're already working on your tour. We were thinking you should have Amanda opening for you. Her song Ransom is doing amazing."

"I was gonna have her opening for me when I went on tour anyway."

Natalie nods. "Alrighty. Let me get back to this office. It's a great song."