drugin' | eighteen.

December 22, 2018

It's an early California morning and Shantey sits against the black leather interior of the passenger seat while scrolling on her phone

It's an early California morning and Shantey sits against the black leather interior of the passenger seat while scrolling on her phone. She becomes aware of Tavon's red Rolls-Royce coming to a stop and looks out of the window shield at a brick one story building and two contractor vans in the parking lot. Tavon gets out of the driver side with his keys and walks around the car. He opens the passenger door for Shantey, and she takes his hand, stepping out of the vehicle with her Balenciaga block heels touching the pavement.

"What is this, Tae?" Shantey asks, moving out the way for him to shut the door.

"You'll see." Tavon smirks, grabbing her hand and leading her towards the entrance. He reaches his arm above them as he pulls the door open, alerting the bell. Contractors were working on what they needs.

"What's this? A restaurant?"

"Yeah, a family restaurant." Tavon stand behind her with his hands on her shoulders. "This just another investment and where money comin' in from. I got the bar; working on the liquor license now. I got everything all settled. I want sumthin to pass down to my sons. My moms can have sumthin to do and so can Toby's youngin' so they won't think them streets the way to go."

"I heard that," she leans back against his body. "It looks like you have everything figured out. I love what you're doing, but why am I here? I mean, I support you one hundred percent."

"That's the thing, let's have more than your support." He turns her around by her shoulders to face him; "You need more than just music. I know it's your first love but you need to start investing. This seafood joint can be yo start of investment. You can put in however much you want. Just have more than music."

Shantey lips stretches into a smile, wrapping her arms around his torso. "You're amazing. I will invest in your restaurant because I know this place is going to go blowup. When are you planning on opening?"

"Going for Summer of 2019, around that time."

"Alright," she separates grabbing his hands, "show me around."