☽ 7 ☾

The Trap House was so silent when Colby and Sam opened the doors, returning from their few days at their cabin in the woods. Their home was eerie, almost too eerie, and reminded the pair of those nights they spent at abandoned places. But, this house wasn't abandoned. It may-as-well have been, though, if someone asked Colby, though the people inside were more the abandoned ones rather than the house.

"I'm going up to my room," Sam said from beside him, shouldering his gym bag that held his clothes from the past few days, "I need to work on my next YouTube video."

Colby nodded, placing a hand on Sam's shoulder, suddenly feeling the need to touch the blonde, "If you need help, let me know."

Sam gave him a small grateful smile, refusing to look at the Alpha, before disappearing from the main hallway up the stairs. Colby watched his other half go. All past jokes aside, Colby had realized years ago during the Sam Pepper Prank that Sam was his other half. Colby thought he would never have to hear Sam's tortured screams again after that, but he would be wrong.

Sam was his other half completely and utterly.

There would never be another like him in Colby's life.

No matter how much he searched the world for someone like Sam to replace that piece of Colby's heart, it would always be Samuel Golbach in that place.

When Sam was down, Colby was down. When Sam was happy, Colby was happy. So, when Colby watched Sam disappear to the second level of their mansion, Colby's heart ached and ached, longing and crying internally like a raging storm.

With a sigh, Colby turned around, exiting the mansion and returning back to his car. He was heading to meet with Brennan to film a video with him this afternoon, but Colby wasn't feeling it. He hadn't in a while to be honest. And, when Colby got into his car, he began to cry for the first time since their attack in the Witches Forest.

Forehead pressed against the steering wheel, tears fell down his cheeks, carving deep invisible rivets into his face. His tears felt like lava. Hot and coursing down his cheeks.

This had been all his fault, he kept telling himself, It's all my fault!

It had been Colby who had gotten in contact with the girl after Stanley Hotel. It had been Colby who arranged the whole Witches Forest Series. It had been Colby who made Sam, Corey, Aaron, Elton, and Jake come to the woods and spend the night. It had been Colby who told Corey to "grow a pair" after hearing a howl in the woods. It had been Colby who was at fault for when the wolf attacked them all, tearing through their clothes and their skin like it was paper. It had been all of Colby's fault when the blood seeped out of them, staining the earth beneath their bodies. It had been all of Colby's fault when they howled and screamed up at the full moon as if She would answer their call for help. But, most important of all, it was Colby's fault for the sadness that Sam felt now.

Crimson eyes peered up at the mansion windows through the fallen brown fringe. The voices were getting louder in his mind as his emotions overcame him like a violent waterfall; they sounded so much like the voices he heard when he was in high school, but they had a different tone now. Colby bites his lip, but forgets that his K9's are much sharper than before. Blood floods his mouth, though it is a small prick that his teeth cause on the delicate flesh of his bottom lips. The taste of iron is intoxicating, like a piece of chocolate truffle. His tongue swipes out, ever so carefully, to lick the blood away. The prick heals quickly as the animal inside of Colby fixes it.

His gaze falls on his best friend's window. It is dark compared to how light the other rooms are, but Colby knows that this is always Sam's ritual. The blonde covers the window in a blanket, blocking out the light and noise from the outside world, and he sleeps, left to his newly created darkness. The brunette knows it is how Sam stops his own voices screaming in his head even if Sam never admitted it to the other male.