☽ 20 ☾

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

The above moodboard is an aesthetic for Lucian, fyi. 

-------------------------------------

Breathe, Colby, breathe, he kept telling himself as he shut his eyes.

Everything was so silent around him as he tried to focus on his breathing and the sounds in the room. The thud-thud-thud of several heartbeats and the slightly quicker rhythm that Colby had no idea who it was coming from. There was also the soft sound of birds singing outside that would occasionally go silent and pick up again. The epic of a songbird calling for its mate over the course of several hundred feet. Nature and its beautiful sounds always had a way of making Colby calm down ever since he was little. It was soothing and he felt his body relax under the sounds.

He was lulled into a trance-like state.

Once he did that, Colby remembered the next step: Let everything go. Drop your control. Let it flow.

How DA FUCK am I gonna do that? Colby fired back at himself.

But, it seemed easier than he thought.

For the moment he asked that question, there was a black cloak that came over his vision. It felt like his soul had separated completely from his body. Everything hurt. A harsh ache spreading across his body and he wanted to scream.

Everything was so dark and black around Colby and it was like he was in an empty room, and the pain seemed to echo. He heard the sound of heavy breathing and then there was red eyes, peering out from the darkness. They stared at him, predatory and dominant. Colby could feel the blood lust within those crimson eyes. Was this what the other felt and saw when they looked at him? A wild animal, unhinged, and ready to snap.

Colby, a distant voice echoed from the black, Colby...

It sounded like Sam.

The brunette found himself, suddenly, running through the darkness, searching for the blonde male, but there was nothing except black swirling around him.

Those red eyes chasing after him. Always a few feet away, but never close enough and never far enough away. The soft sound of claws digging into the ground crackled around him.

"SAM!" Colby screamed.

Colby, calm, the voice came again.

It was definitely Sam.

You got this.

Colby whimpered, turning around in his spot and suddenly a large gust of wind came straight through him, knocking him off his feet. He shut his eyes as his body crashed onto the floor. His breath leaving his body for a moment.

"Sam," Colby cried out.

When Colby opened his eyes, his vison was flooded by white light.

Then, there was a growl.

It echoed across the room he was in causing Colby to snap his head to the right, his blue eyes wide as he found a large black wolf staring back at him. It's eyes were red and glowing, much like what Colby saw in the mirror when he lost control, much like those animalistic eyes he saw only a few moments ago staring at him from the darkness.

He sat up, trying to desperately crawl away, but his back came in contact with a patted wall. Colby's eyes flew across the room around him, taking in everything as quickly as he could. It was a patted room, one that asylum's and mental hospitals had for their patients that would harm themselves. What is this place? Colby wondered, Is this what the inside of my mind looks like?