☽ 31 ☾

The next day after their trip to the wolf sanctuary was an interesting time for the Trap House pack. It was about two hours before the full moon was going to rise above L.A., and tonight was going to be a bit different. As always was usual, they would have all packed up and gone to their cabin. Yet, for the first time since they were attacked in the Witches Forest, they would be away from each other during the full moon.

Elton and Corey were going to stay in the Trap House, as Elton had some things to still do for his nonprofit (Send It). Corey didn't want to leave him and wanted to stay. After a little spat between the mates and Corey pouting, Elton finally gave in to letting his Omega mate stay with him.

Aaron wanted to go spend his night with Axelle, so he left earlier that morning to spend the day with her. None of the pack had any worries about the pair, considering that they would be in Luna's cottage.

Sam and Colby planned to have their own night in the cabin in the woods. Colby made everyone promise before they parted ways to text him or Sam that they were safe and to do the same again the morning after. Even though Colby was going to be worried about all of his pack members during this night, he wasn't going to let it get in the way of all the plans he had for him and his little mate.

The last of the werewolves was Jake and his plan was simple.

It was date night for him and Tara.

And, with Tara's curiosity of werewolves now, she wanted to see the process for herself.

The Beta jumped in his car and drove to his girlfriend's house. The whole way there he was strumming his fingers against his steering wheel. Thoughts were running a million miles per hour.

His hyped emotions and anger that he had felt a few weeks ago seemed to leveling out, and he was starting to think that it may have something to do with opening up to Tara.

After telling her about everything, she became so fascinated in their lives, more than she had before. Tara played 50 questions with him instead of just doing whatever they were trying to do for date night. Despite how annoying it got at times, Jake found relief in being able to just tell her everything.

He had fallen for her hard, if it were at all possible to fall more in love with someone you already had fallen for, and they had only been together almost 2 years. She knew him so well and he knew her just as equally well. They were a match made in heaven, practically.

That was why tonight's date night was going to be different.

Jake pulled up to Tara's apartment complex, parked his car, brought his overnight bag with, and made his way up the stairs. Approaching Tara's door, he knocked obnoxiously like he always did and she answered a few moments later.

"Jake!" her smile was wide and intoxicating as he took her in.

She wore a short, pleated, leather skirt with a short chain around her hip and a grey cropped top with a Spongebob design on it. That was it, though, and Jake could tell she had a hard day with how she was dressed, with lack of makeup, platform shoes, chains and all. Jake stepped forward and dropped the bag on the ground inside. He quickly brought the shorter girl into his arms, holding her tightly to him, and his chest rumbled to try and soothe her.