11. Mistakes

You frantically ran downstairs tripping over your feet as you sprinted through your house. Before you remembered: You're dead. You can't leave.

You stopped in place as you saw a book on your side table. The Handbook for the Recently Deceased. You remembered Beetlejuice talking about it before he was alive again, but it looked different than the one he described. You sat down on the couch with the book in hand and opened the first page.

If you are reading this, you must be a suicide victim, in which you received this certain copy. You will need to report to the Netherworld and speak to our receptionist.

'jesus, why did I kill myself...' you sadly thought as you looked up from the book

You missed your simpler times with Beetlejuice. The times you were having fun watching movies and playing games with him in highschool. You wanted it back, you wanted him back.

In case of emergency, draw a door.

And knock three times.
Psst, hey guys...

🚪
It's a door ;)

You rolled your eyes and picked up a pen. You walked over to the blank wall near the tv and did what you were told: you drew a door and knocked. You waited before you saw a green glow come from your drawing, and the door opened. You opened it more and cautiously walked into the dim lit room.

There were people were obviously dead, and you tried your best to not make any eye contact. You saw a window and walked up.

"H-hello?" You studdered to the green woman behind the glass.

"Yes? Do you have a number?"

"N-no... I'm... A suicide victim..." You said as you crossed your arms and looked down.

"Oh, are you Y/n L/n? Yes yes, you'll need to go right back to Juno." The woman said looking back down at her work. "Did you bring your book?"

You looked over at the door and walked in until you came to an office with the small letter that read

J u n o

You knock slowly, before you hear a voice tell 'Come in!'  You stepped I to the office and shut the door behind you.

"Y/n M/n L/n, shocked to see you here." Juno rolled her eyes as she gestured for you to sit down. "Lemme guess, suicide?"

You nodded and looked down at your feet, uncomfortably.

"Ah, yes. We'll have to find something for you to do here, since, y'know, you don't get to live a normal after life."

She stood up and grabbed your shoulder and teleported you to the middle of the Netherworld. You look around in awe at the afterlife before you. Dead people walking around the dark and dimly lit lights of the Netherworld. You loose all focus on your trance as you get pulled into the sidewalk and walk along side with Juno.

"So I'm guessing you've already met our receptionist, Miss Argentina, she's also a suicide victim." She laughed as you trotted along side the short woman. "You'll learn you've made a horrible mistake"

She took a drag off her cigarette and a puff of smoke came out the slit of her neck. You look away in disgust as you both keep walking.