1

The story referenced to in this chapter is The Testing, book one of The Testing Series by Joelle Charbonneau.

-

the sun
-

Finally making it to his soft, welcoming, unforgivingly comfortable bed, Felix could now relax and enjoy a few minutes of reading a book he had recently took interest in.

Despite it being one of the coldest days of winter, Felix had his window open. Letting the cool air in his room, he snuggled into the comforter and put on his favorite hoodie. Making sure to sit his coffee on his nightstand where it couldn't get knocked off, he happily smiled in content.

Felix silently sat in his room for hours that day reading this book, which resulted with him being close to finished with the novel.

Checking the time, Felix sighed. He had to leave the wonders of the United Commonwealth and Malencia's story to go to the boring and musty job he liked but hated at the same time.

Quickly changing his clothes and shutting his window, Felix brushed one of his hands through his messy hair before running down the stairs and running to the bus stop. He tried his best to catch his breath before the bus rolled up to his stop, but to no avail, he was still gasping for air as he climbed on the large vehicle.

Sitting in the seat he usually did when he'd get on the bus, he started out the window. He had in his earbuds, allowing loud EDM and alternative rock, and alternative and regular pop flow into his ears. During this time, he would usually left his mind wander, his imagination taking over as he stared outside the window.

As per normal, Felix caught himself before saying something out loud. He usually had to catch himself before he did something stupid, his imagination always becoming blurred with reality if he let it.

Shaking his head a few times, he finally noticed the guy across the isle staring at him, or more specifically, his legs that were bobbing up and down. The habit had an unknown reason for its occurrence, and Felix usually stopped his legs from bouncing when he noticed it. This time he didn't, and just went back to looking at the window.

His thoughts were clouded by the guy watching him, so he couldn't let his imagination run wild once more. He sighed before he could start panicking.

Getting off at his stop, Felix ran to his work in fear of being late. The guy, that Felix had noticed was shorter than him, kept following him, but he looked relatively harmless. Felix discarded the thoughts as he entered the small café.

He walked into the back to set his stuff down, pulling his homework folder and a pencil from his book bag before walking to the counter. The short guy was nervously fidgeting with his fingers, and Felix gave him a soft, knowing smile when he looked up at him.

The short guy walked up to the counter and said, "I'm Changbin, and I'm supposed to be getting interviewed for a cashier position."

A new coworker. Excitement filled Felix's body as he asked the short guy, now introduced as Changbin, to wait there for a moment as he went to go get the shift manager.

"Jackson!" Felix called, looking for the older male. The guy jump out from behind a door, startling Felix. He had a worried expression on his face, which led to the naïve boy giving him a scared and confused look. Such serious expressions, such worry were rare to see on his manager's face. "Why do you look like that."