5

The story referenced to in this chapter is Independent Study, book two of The Testing Series by Joelle Charbonneau.

-

friday fun
-

Changbin patiently waited outside Felix's apartment building, tapping against his leg to distract himself from his over bearing thoughts. And that fucking idiot from yesterday.

Minho had always got on his nerves.

Changbin kicked a pebble that was near his feet in frustration.

Felix couldn't find out his and Chan's past. Especially not from Minho. Changbin couldn't let Felix know what went down yesterday.

"You're lying to that poor boy, Changbin!" Minho whispered yelled. Changbin rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. Minho continued, "you're the one who started it! Chan was defending himself."

"Chan choked me!" Changbin growled, rubbing his neck.

Minho looked at him in disbelief, "He choked you because you purposely went to stab him with a scalpel! You're fucking crazy!"

"I'm fucking crazy? Chan almost killed me!" Changbin said, restraining himself from pushing Minho.

"He didn't kill you! He killed himself because he felt bad, he felt like it was his fault that you wanted to kill him. You almost killed Chan!" Minho said, stabbing his fork into his cake.

"I had a good reason," Changbin said, keeping his tone calm.

Minho rolled his, shoving a bite of his chocolate cake in his mouth, "because you didn't like him? Is that really a good fucking reason?"

"Of course!" Changbin said, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

"No it's not, asshole! Stop lying to Felix. Felix doesn't deserve to unknowingly become friends with his brother's almost-murderer."

"Shut the fuck up, Minho," Changbin said, his voice lowering a pitch or two, "or I will become your actual murderer."

"Changbin!" Felix called, wearing some jeans and a cute burgundy shirt. Changbin smiled, holding out his hand for Felix to grab. "You look nice for us to just go to McDonalds."

Changbin laughed, squeezing Felix's hand as the boy grabbed, "I like to make a good impression on the first date."

"Thats good," Felix said, swinging their hands and leading their way to the bus stop, "I have high standards."

"I hope I meet them."

"Me too."

They waited in silence, their hands not leaving the others. The sunlight glared on both their faces, making it hard for them to look at each other without squinting.

The bus finally arrived, and they let their feet carry them aboard, sitting close to the back. They quietly watched the scenery pass by, quiet in content. Changbin disrupted the piece, "not to bring back unwanted memories, but the first time I saw you on the bus, I saw you took a glimpse my way."