chapter 4 time for the tournament

It was finally the day of departure for the tournament.  Raiden said it was me and Liu going.  Much to my displeasure, I wanted Kung to come with as well. But Raiden said he was not ready for this tournament. Before we left Raiden told me lady Cetrion wanted to speak to me. He led me to where we normally meet her at.

Cetrion: Leave us Raiden. I wish to speak to Y/n alone.

Raiden listened and left. Cetrion approached me.

Cetrion: It is finally time my love. The fate of earthrealm hangs in the balance now.

Y/n: Yeah. It won't be easy. But I believe we can do it.

Cetrion: I have a gift. To help you in your fight.

A set of armor appeared similar to the armor she wears. It attached to me.

Cetrion: You can control it with you're mind. I choose you as my champion.  To also represent the elder gods.

Y/n: Thank you.

Cetrion walked closer, she pressed her lips against mine and we shared a passionate kiss. We parted once the need for air became great. Cetrion then hugged me which I returned. 

Cetrion: I'll be watching Y/n.

We parted and I went to meet Raiden and Liu Kang.

Liu: Where did you get that armor.

Y/n: Lady Cetrion gave it to me. I am her chosen champion for the tournament. 

Raiden: There is no rule against it. Though I am surprised she has done such a thing. 

It took a long time but we managed to arrive at Shang Tsung's island.  Lord Raiden seemed to have some visions. He didn't know what to do with them. But I trusted he would figure it out.  The first rounds came from some actor named Johnny Cage.  He was cocky and seemed to think this whole thing was a game.  Though he did refuse to kill which was a good sign.  Shang Tsung said the tournament  would resume at dawn.

Raiden: Y/n. Do not leave the indoor area.

I listened and the next day the next matches began. Scorpion was the next Kombatant. Kung Lao appeared from his disguise.  He was beatened.  The next opponent of his was nightwolf. Who was also defeated.  That night I was with my teammates.   Scorpion fought two lin Kuei then Sub Zero appeared and Scorpion disappeared with him.  He then appeared with Sub zero's spine and skull.   

The nedt day Cyrax faced Johnny cage but refused to kill him. Whatever motivated him to betray the lin kuei. It was the best choice.  That night we were introduced to a brand new fighter. Ermac.  It was Liu Kang's turn now.

Shang Tsung: Liu Kang. You and Y/n are the last earthrealm warriors to make it this far in the tournament. 

Liu kang fought and defeated Ermac.  I smiled as he walked back to us. 

The next day it was the final matches of the tournament.  Liu and I stepped up. Our opponents were Scorpion and Quan Chi.

Liu: I'll get Quan Chi.

Y/n: Alright. 

Scorpion teleported behind me and went for a strike.  I dodged and kicked him away. He tried to hit me with his rope spear. I dodged and grabbed it slamming it down and Scorpion with it.  When he tried to get back up I delivered a full force kick knocking him up in the air. I smashed my foot down on him once more knocking him out.   Liu defeated Shang Tsung.

Shang Tsung: There can only be one. You tow will fight to see who advances. 

Y/n: I suppose it was only a matter of time.

Liu: Indeed.  I wish you the best of luck.

Raiden: Y/n wait!

I looked at Raiden.

Raiden: Forfeit.  Let Liu Kang advance.  Trust me.

I contemplated this. Cetrion did tell she thought Raiden was a fool. And she chose me.

Y/n: No.

Raiden: Y/n!

Y/n: Cetrion Chose me!  So now this is for the Shaolin and her! Not you any longer!

Liu and I were ready to fight. I felt anger towards even him. Why him? He never beats me in training.  Why is he the chosen one!? It should be me!

Liu went for a fire kick. I jumped up and smashed my fist down onto his chest knocking the wind out of him making me win. But I realized what I did.

Y/n: Liu Kang! I...I'm sorry.

Liu: It's alright.  I never knew you could hit that hard.

Shang Tsung: Unexpected.  But none the less you advance. You will not survive this next opponent. 

I was teleported to a cave like area. There was Goro, the Shokan Raiden told me about. 

Goro: I did not expect to fight in this tournament.  But once in a while the Shaolin produce a match for a Shokan.

Y/n: I must win this fight.

Goro charged for me. Surprisingly he was slower than I thought.  Liu Kang could have beaten this guy.  It only took some patience to get good punches in. He was defeated and I was teleported back to the throne room. 

Shang Tsung: Very impressive, even for the son of the legendary elder god fighter.

Y/n: Now its you're  turn to lose Shang Tsung.

Shang walked down and got ready to fight.  I looked to see my friends cheering me on. Most of them anyway.  Raiden looked at me with a sour look. No doubt he didn't expect me to win. I felt that rage take over me again.

Y/n in head: I'll  prove Raiden wrong. I can win. I WILL WIN!

Y/n: RAHHHHH! 

A burst of energy filled the room.

Liu: What is happening?

Raiden: Y/n has snapped! His rage is taking over.

Shang went to shoot me with a fireball.  Only for me to power past it and punch him in the gut making blood come out of his mouth. I grabbed him by his clothes and held him above me.

Y/n: Yield and I won't kill you like I should. 

Shang Shung weakly: I...Yield. 

I dropped him down to the ground.  My friends rushed over to me congratulating me. Raiden looked at me with a smirk.  We were safe, for now.