chapter 16 voyage to the keep

So much has happened since outworld. Raiden did not want to risk Y/n and Khronos any further. He believed they were his best chance of winning this and didn't want to risk them any further. Past Scorpion arrived to say that Kharon is waiting for them. He claimed that Hanzo is dead and that he is carrying out his last wishes. Raiden didn't believe him.

Raiden used the amulet on Scorpion.

Raiden: Now, Scorpion. The truth!

Y/n stepped in front of Raiden.

Y/n: Raiden stop!

Raiden: Step aside Y/n. *pushes past Y/n*

Y/n: Put the amulet down! Its It's darkness is taking a hold of you.

Raiden struck Y/n with lighting. Frost saw this.

Frost: Khronos, come quick!

Raiden: Our time has run out. I do what I must to save Earthrealm.

Y/n got up.

Y/n: This is not the way. Scorpion is not the enemy this time.

Khronos appeared and walked towards them. Liu Kang followed.

Y/n: Stay back!

The two listened.

Raiden: Y/n, do not interfere!

Y/n: I should have the first time.

Raiden: The realms hang in the balance.

Y/n: I didn't think it was true. You can not be trusted.

Raiden: I do not need trust! I demand obedience.

Y/n: Enough of your madness. If you must die, so be it.

Raiden stopped.

Raiden: This--this has happened before.

Raiden clutched his head. He fell down. Everyone arrived. Raiden grabbed the amulet and slammed it down.

Raiden: I have been a fool. Kronika's puppet. I only battle Liu Kang because she wills it. *looks at Scorpion* I must help him.

Khronos: Now wait a minute!

Y/n: Khronos!

Khronos stopped in his tracks.

Raiden healed Scorpion and helped him up

Y/n: So Kronika was there all along.

Raiden: Yes. I unlocked memories from other timelines. In each I defeat Liu Kang.

Y/n: And that would be impossible.

Raiden: Yes. Especially in EVERY timeline.

A storm of sand appeared and everyone except Y/n, Raiden and Khronos. Kronika appeared.

Kronika: At long last you see the pattern.

Y/n: You won't win.

Kronika: Oh Y/n. How naive you are. Join Cetrion and help me. I will make sure you and your family live on in the new era.

Khronos: That's a load of crap!

Kronika: Still. You may try to beat me. Without Liu Kang.

Liu Kang disappeared into sand. Khronos went to fire a blast at Kronika but she disappeared.

Khronos: Damn it.

Everyone was unfrozen. And there was no time to waste. Frost left Boreas in the care of the remaining Lin Kuei at the temple so she could go with.

Everyone was on the ferries. Khronos, Y/n, Frost, Raiden, Sub Zero and Scorpion were in the main boat. A war ship appeared out of the fog. It went to the side of the ship. Cyber Lin Kuei jumped onto the ship. The team started fighting them.

Geras landed on the ship. Y/n ran to face him.

Y/n: A new look? Just for me?

Geras: This time I am well prepared for this battle.

Y/n: We shall see.

Geras was indeed prepared. Geras and Y/n were matched step for step. Each blow being blocked and countered by the other. Eventually Y/n kicked Geras under chains. Raiden shocked the chains and they fell over top of him. Raiden saw the anchor and made it drop.

Geras: Drowning can not kill me Raiden.

Raiden: Unfortunate for you. The sea of blood is bottomless. You will fall forever.

Geras was thrown into the sea of blood. To forever fall.

Meanwhile present Jax was fighting Khronos.

Jax: I don't want to do this! But I got to. For Jacqui.

Khronos: Jax wait.

Jax punched Khronos in the face knocking him into the wall of the ship. Khronos got up and knew he would have to hurt Jax first. Jax went for a swing but was countered and put in a full nelson.

Khronos: Listen to me Jax! Kronika isn't just my grandmother. Shinnok is also my uncle.

Jax stopped struggling and Khronos let go.

Jax: What?

Khronos: My grandmother lies. She will make the timeline as she pleases. Hell, you might not even live to see Jacqui in the new era.

Jax: Oh god. I'm a fool. What have I done.

Khronos: You can fix this. I know you can.

Jax nodded as cyber lin Kuei charged them. Jax started scraping them.

The evil Frost jumped down from the ship met by her good counterpart.

Good Frost: You do look like me.

Evil frost: I am not happy about it. How could a version of me let anyone make them weak?

Good Frost: I am stronger because of Khronos. He gave something we haven't had in a long time. Family. If only you had someone like that.

Evil Frost charged. The good Frost blocked the first blows. Their fight was even.

Good Frost: You are machine. I am human. Now you DIE!

A blast of ice froze the evil frost in place. The good Frost pummeled her into unconsciousness.

Good Frost: No. Not enough.

The good frost formed an ice sword, and decapitated the evil Frost. This in turn shut off every Cyber Lin Kuei around. Khronos walked behind Frost and put his hand on her shoulder. She turned around to face Khronos.

Khronos: You did it.

Frost: I told you I would.