chapter 7 Shinnok

It has been some time since Shao Khan attacked earthrealm.  But now the nether realm attacks.  The monls lasted for some time. But in the end the only ones standing  from what I could tell, was Raiden, Fujin and I.  We were battling very close together helping eachother when the numbers were becoming a problem.   Eventually though they stopped and one was in front, it let out a roar.

A green skull went through it and came towards us even though we easily dodged it.  In the middle of the nether realm soliders, was Quan Chi

Quan Chi: The mighty gods of earthrealm.  And the son of the elder god fighter.

Raiden: You befoul these sarcred grounds. Leave.

Quan Chi: Surely you are pleased to see your friends.

Revenant Sindel, Stryker and Kabal stood next to Quan Chi.

Quan: You abandoned them to their deaths. I gave them new life.

Raiden: A life worse than death.

Quan: One you shall soon share. And my lord himself shall witness your fall.

The revenants and the soliders charged at us.

Raiden flew up and unleash a massive thunder storm killing the soliders. Sindel charged for me. She went for a punch but I dodged and hit her in the side. She went for a kick but I blocked it and went for a punch which she dodged.  I could hear Raiden speak.

Raiden: Y/n! We need to protect the Jinsei!

I kicked Sindel down and rushed to Raiden.

Fujin: Get behind us.

I listened and they unleashed their power slowing the revenants down. But they were still coming at us. Eventually we were almost at the Jinsei chamber. The Revenants were down. But two shadowy  hands approached us.

The three of us dodged in time to avoid two giant skeleton hands from crushing us. But from the hands, appeared Shinnok

Shinnok: Do you see it now Raiden? Your legacy. You posioned their hearts with hope.

Raiden: And what do you offer? The same as you did millenia ago, when you betrayed your fellow elder gods and attacked earthrealm. We stopped you then, imprisoned you in the nether realm. We will do it again.

Shinnok: Remove the shadow from the light. The shadow grows  The legacy of life is death, Raiden. My followers understand this. And they fight for me.

The revenants charged at us. Stryker charged for me with a nightstick and went for a swing which I dodged back and went for a kick which he dodged. He went for a kick of his own which I responded to by jumping and punching his head into the ground knocking him out. I saw Sind screaming into Fujin's ear. I grabbed her and slammed her ontothe ground and stomped her head knocking her out. 

Shinnok pulled out his amulet and it sent Raiden and Fujin flying into the Jinsei chamber.  A skeletal hand appeared and punched me past them onto the ground on my stomach.

Fujin: You will npt touch the Jinsei!

Shinnok: Oh I will. And all of earthrealm will learn the truth of death.

Shinnok pulled out his amulet and it was sucking Raiden and Fujin in. I tried to stand but could only get to my knees.  A blast knocked the amulet of his hand.

I looked to see Johnny, Kenshi and Sonya.

Johnny sarcastic: Oh sorry ma'am, didn't see you there.

Shinnok: Miserable retch! Insignificant  speck of scum! How dare you!?

Shinnok blasted Kenshi down with his power.  Raiden went to shock Shinnok who blocked it and shocked Fujin down. Sonya fired at Shinnok who blocked all the shots. Johnny and her charged only to be beaten. I got up on my feet.

Y/n: Hey Shinnok! 

He looked at me only to receive a punch to the face.

Y/n: I'm the new elder god fighter. 

Shinnok charged and we locked ourselves in combat. I matched his moves step for step. I improved since the tournament, so that events like those never happen.  He managed to knock me away and pointed a shock at Sonya.

Shinnok: She will be the first here to die.

Johnny: NO!

Johnny ran and dove in front of the blast, a green aura surrounded him and it didn't affect him. Johnny charged Shinnok who now had two problems on his hands.

Johnny went for a punch which was blocked, but I kicked Shinnok knocking him back. I locked in a clash of blows, each one from both sides being countered and blocked. Johnny kicked Shinnok away breaking the clash.    After a few minutes Shinnok was having some trouble getting back up.

Raiden: Johnny Cage, Y/n L/n! The amulet. 

I looked at the amulet at my feet and looked back at Shinnok with a smile. I picked it up and threw it backwards at Raiden who caught it and used it on Shinnok.  Shinnok was now trapped in the amulet .  Johnny went to check on Sonya.

Y/n in head: I actually fought a elder god dad and won. Even though I had a little help.

Raiden and Fujin left. I was smiling.  Kenshi approached me.

Kenshi: The war is not over, Quan Chi escaped.  Why are you smiling?

Y/n: I fought an elder god. I'm becoming my father.