chapter 12 return of old villains.

Khronos walked next to Kotal Khan.

Kotal: Raiden? Shao Khan?

Shao Khan: General Kotal?

Kotal: Kotal Khan.

Shao Khan: Khan? You pathetic fool. You pretend to my throne!

Kotal: It is mine by right and deed. You were killed long ago. As was your repugnant spawn Mileena.

Raiden: We were at the mortal kombat tournament. Kung Lao had just defeated Shang Tsung and Quan Chi.

Kotal: We are decades beyond those events.

Raiden: For us, they happened only moments ago.

Shao: What game are you playing Raiden? What magic powers this delusion?

Raiden: If it is a delusion, it is one we all share. Is it possible that past and future are colliding?

Kotal: Kitana, Baraka, Skarlet. All outworld champions long since gone If you have all returned, has...?

Jade: I am here Kotal.

Kotal: Jade.

Shao Khan stepped in front of Jade with authority.

Kotal: Osh-tekk customs requires all refugees be offered assistance. I offer it to you, Shao Khan.

Shao: I am no refugee! I am Khan of outworld. Vacate my throne. Or I'll soak these sand with your blood.

Shao Khan made his hammer appear. Khronos stepped in front of Kotal.

Khronos: I am Khronos L/n. Son of Y/n L/n and the goddess of virtue Cetrion. My father killed you Shao Khan. If you continue this path you will die to both father and son.

Shao charged with his hammer. Kotal charged past Khronos with his sword and clashed with Shao. Khronos charged and knocked down two of Shao's foot soldiers. The fighting raged on. Kotal had a pillar fall on him. Before Shao could finish him. Khronos kicked Shao away.

Khronos: I may not like Kotal. But he is a far better Khan than you were.

Shao: I made outworld conquers!

Khronos: You made them slaves. My father bested you once. Now its my turn.

Shao charged for Khronos. They locked in a test of strength. Khronos won and delivered a jab to the jaw of Shao Khan knocking him away.

Shao went for a hook but Khronos punched Shao in the gut making Shao fall on his hands and knees. Khronos lifed his fists up to smash him down. But Kano blasted him with his eye knocking him away.

Kano: Sorry mate. But he paids too good to let die.

Khronos got up and brushed himself off.

Khronos: You're future self would also be stupid enough to try and fight me.

Kano went for a kick but Khronos dodged and swept Kano's other leg making him fall. Kano got up quickly and went for a punch. Khronos caught it and started squeezing hard making a popping sound. Kano let out a scream of pain and blasted Khronos with a eye blast making him let go.

A wave of blood swept Khronos up and made Khronos fall into the beast pens.

Skarlet and Erron Black appeared.

Khronos: Two on one ain't fair.

Erron: Who said we play fair?

Khronos: If you want to die that badly let me help you.

Skarlet tried to shoot blood at him. Khronos dodged and froze Skarlet's hand together. Erron pulled out a revolver only to have it shot out by Khronos with a fireball. Skarlet charged with a kick but Khronos gave an uppercut knocking her down and out. Erron charged and tried to pistol whip him, only to get a jab to the forehead knocking him down.

Khronos: And that is that.

A group of Shao Khan soliders appeared and charged. But they were all turned to ice. Khronos turned to see Frost with Boreas in her free arm.

Khronos: Frost what are you doing down here?

Frost: I saw you fall down here and had to check on you.

Khronos: Is Boreas okay?

Frost: He is fine. What is going on?

Khronos: I do not know. Avoid fighting as much as possible. And keep our son safe. I'll go help Kotal and the others.

Frost pulled Khronos in for a quick kiss before Khronos ran up the stairs back to the arena. He ran to where Shao Khan was as he just defeated Jade throwing her aside.

Shao: I will have my throne!

Khronos: You will have the back of my hand! Outworld does not want you any longer!

Shao: Empires must expand or die.

Khronos: A reason made by evil cowards who are afraid of having their power taken.

Shao charged for Khronos and they locked in a test of strength. This time Shao started pushing Khronos back towards a cage and pressed him against it. The beast inside tried to claw at Khronos. But Khronos fired ice at Shao Khan freezing his shoulder making him let go. Shao Khan charged again but received a blast of flame knocking hin down on his back.

Khronos: Prepare to die you coward.

A swarm of bugs filled the air it stunned all. Shao Khan and his troops fled through a portal of sand with Dvorah.

Raiden: Kotal Khan, I am Raiden, protector of earthrealm.

Kotal: I know you.

Raiden: We are acquainted in your era?

Kotal: We were allies who became enemies. Everything changed after your defeat of Shinnok.

Khronos: To be fair. My father beat Shinnok once. I did it the second time.

Liu Kang: Shinnok's defeated?

Kotal: Our realms joined to fight against him.

Khronos: Liar! You tried to stop us so thay you could bolster your defenses. I should-.

Khronos stopped when he felt Frost grab his hand. He calmed down.

Khronos: Afterwards you took his amulet, and lashed out against all realms you deemed threats. Including outworld.

Raiden: Be assured I am not that Raiden. We have common cause.

Khronos: My father said you made mistakes. But you only wanted to fix them afterwards. I trust you Raiden. And you should too Kotal.

Kotal: I shall, for now.

Raiden: Liu Kang, Kung Lao and I will return to earthrealm to see what has occured there.

Khronos: Take us with you. I must see that my wife and child are safe.

Raiden: Of course.