Chapter 27

Oh my God, this is it.

The final chapter, everyone! IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S THE END! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! Hahaha

But seriously, everyone. What a ride!

I want to thank every single one of you that read, commented, voted, followed or sent me a message. Thank you, thank you, thank you! If not for you, I'd never have come so far!

Writing Nephelle's story was awesome. I feel like I learned a lot, that I matured a lot as a writer as I wrote this. So I also want to thank all of you here from wattpad, because this community has been amazing to me. Seriously. You are wonderful!

That said, this is not a goodbye, this is a see you soon! I intend to rewrite TFOA and then move forward to a sequel, but before that, I'll write something completely new here on wattpad! It's an idea I've been playing with for a while... I hope I'll see you there!

While I'll stay here on wattpad, I'll be working a bit behind the curtains... But expect something new from me by October, 31st! (And yes, I'll let you know here with an A/N here.)

On another thought, did you know that I have a twitter (rissawrites)? And a Instagram (rissagomes)? Feel free to follow me there as well :) Who knows, I might post sneak peeks...

Thank you for your wonderful support!

Rissa

Chapter 27

The first thing Mabel noticed was the lightning.

It was bright, cutting through the dark sky as a bright silver knife cut through a chocolate cake. Jumping into action, she got out of the bed and headed to change her clothes - what time was it, anyway? Was she late for work? Was there time to take care of chores?

Hurrying, she didn't notice the purple stone who slipped seamlessly in her pocket, nor did she noticed the bucket with blood standing close to her bed.

Or the sheets splashed with blood on her bed.

No, as far as she was concerned, this was just another day.

"Are you insane?"

Wade's voice was the first sign that things were not as she remembered - had Fox, Nephelle, and Wade come back while she was sleeping? Just how late was she, anyway?

Excitement filled her being as she put a little bit of extra speed on her feet. Fox and Wade were alright! And maybe she could sweet-talk Nephelle into helping her with some of her chores. Her body felt tired...

It was the strange tension in the air that made her stop on the last step, hiding behind the wall.

"We don't have a choice, Wade." It was Fox's voice, but there was something wrong with it - it was as if he was broken.

But that wasn't possible - Fox was... he was always so strong! Frowning, Mabel shook her head. No, no way. It must be the coming storm.

As if to answer her thoughts, a loud noise made her jump. Thunder?

And yet... it didn't sound like thunder at all - it sounded ominous and deadly, like drums. The drums of war...

"Yes, yes, we do. You let me do what a parent is supposed to do and go hide with your siblings!"

Her father's voice was like a blanket - making her fuzzy and warm inside. He sounded healthier, much to her relief.

"Da, I can't do that. You're still sick- not to mention, we all know I've got a better aim."