Chapter 27

4 weeks Later

Amelia and Elijah sat in the lounge room together, having fun with the babies.

They noticed that Cassandra had green mixed with brown in her eyes and Amelia's brown curly hair. And William had the same eyes as Cassandra and had Elijah's platinum blonde hair.

They looked like twins, and somehow did not too.

Elijah moved his fingers fast, and gently on top of Cassandra's lips, then nose, then on the top of her nose, then her forehead and back again. Cassandra and Elijah were both laughing, and Cassandra kept opening her mouth to suck Elijah's fingers.

Amelia looked at Elijah and dozed off.

Elijah stopped practising his powers and discovering new things... I mean... he IS good, but shouldn't he continue?

And he goes out all the time. With who?

I know he sees someone... but why won't he tell me anything about it?

Then she came to her senses... Elijah could mind read, she checked if he noticed... but he just kept playing with Cassandra. Maybe he didn't hear?

Then he looked at Amelia and faced her. "Amelia," He sighed, and continued, not looking at her. "if anything happens... You should know that I love you and our children, I will always love them... and if anything happens to me... then I must have deserved it... I have done many wrong things." He was whispering now. "I want you to know, that despite my wronging's, I will always love you." He was speaking quietly now, like all of what he was saying was hurting him badly. "And never bring me back to life, never come searching for me... ever."

Amelia was going to cry, she placed her free hand on his cheek and guided him to look at her, he had tears in his eyes, but they never fall... never. "What's wrong? Why are you saying this?"

Elijah shook his head and smiled; the tears went away just like how they came. "No reason, no reason at all. I just wanted to let you know."

Amelia let out a relieved breath. "Oh thank god! I thought something was wrong."

Elijah smiled wider, it looked as if... he was forcing it?

"I'm going to go get some food to eat real quick." He got up and left, his body growing stiffer with every step.

Nothing's wrong. Amelia said, trying to calm herself. Holding both the babies in her arms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elijah walked out of the mansion... something was wrong, and he knew it... someone was here...

He moved his hands over his head and with his powers he had created a green coat to cover his face, and his body... And he went out around the house to see who the intruder was.

It was sunset... dark.

In the distance after a few minutes, Elijah noticed a figure running towards him, as it got closer Elijah was able to make out that it was a person on a horse, before they could get near the mansion, Elijah walked away from the mansion, created a barrier and sort of green shield around the whole house. He went towards the stranger.

This person was also wearing the same type of hood, only it was black, and a mask was on his face.

He hopped off the horse and whispered something to the horse and made its way towards Elijah.

Elijah could sense a strange aura around him, a powerful energy from the man and the horse.

"Who're you?" He asked Elijah.