Now

Hardin has black hair and brown eyes, Y/N has... well yeah you get it.

Eight years later...

"Look!"

"Where?"

"Over there!"

"The hottie??"

"Yah, that's Hardin Stark!"

"Who's that girl trailing behind him?"

"Oh that's Y/N L/N, honestly she's so clingy to Hardin..."

"God, bitches like that are such a bore."

It was all too familiar. All the whispering. Y/N was so used to it she didn't give a damn anymore.

Her thoughts were made of

B R O K E N   P R O M I S E S

Now, all she was looking for was an escape.

Hardin didn't need her by his side anymore, he gave out so much love to anyone but her. She was tired of being dragged around.

It's not like he needed her. He wasn't alone anymore.

She loosened out of the iron clad grip around her wrist and pulled away. She made her way through the sea of girls.

She didn't notice the frown growing on the brown haired male's face.

He pushed a smile onto his face as he greeted a clique of giggling girls.

A curvy blonde haired girl linked her arm on to his bicep.
"Hardin! You're so strong now! Did you work out over the summer?"

He found her flirting disturbing, but arousing. He winked at her. Sure, she was nice and all but she could never compare to Y/N.

Y/N...

was currently munching her way through a beef burrito in her home room. She was kind of glad Hardin wasn't in her classes.

"Yo Y/N~"

But Callum was.

She sighed, pushing her hands into her hair. She did not have the patience to deal with this dude.

"What Callum?"

"Are you bitter 'cause Hardin is really a ladies man?"

"I couldn't give two shits."

"You follow him everywhere."

"Move like he drags me everywhere. I just wish he would leave me alone."

"Haven't you asked him to?"

"I have —"

The pain sharp in her side started aching again. She groaned, pressing her fingers against the wound to stop the bleeding.

"Are you alright?"
"Y-yeah. I'll be fine Callum."

He flushed. "Look, if you ever need anything... I'm here for you."

She smiled. "I know."

Little did they know a certain someone was sneaking glances at them from out of the corner of his eye.

"So answer me. Is Y/N your girlfriend?" The curvy blonde girl, Magnolia he thought her name was, was still clinging to his arm.

He opened his mouth to answer but Magnolia interrupted him.

"Of course she's not. How could someone like her be Hardin's girlfriend. She's way too clingy for her own good."

Hardin frowned. Honestly, for such a golden boy, he could be such a dumbass sometimes.

He felt... angry at them for neglecting Y/N. He clutched his chest. What is this feeling? I know I love her, so is it jealousy? I don't have to worry, she's already mine, so why would I have to worry about her talking to other boys?

I'll ask her out tonight.. that'll do it.

"Hardin?"
Magnolia was waving a nail polished hand in front of his face.

"You alright?"

He smiled, knowing what he had to do.

"Yes."