Done

The cover art is by @ stylish_gorilla on Instagram, go follow for more amazing arttt

Hardin gently sat the pale-faced and disoriented girl down in a chair opposite him. It was so illuminating to see Y/N with him without protest. Perhaps if she looked a little less sea sick this could be so romantic, the night of their lives.

....

Hey, what's a little force? She was still there.

He reached his fingers out, watching Y/N flinch and pull away. He continued his course, fiddling with strands of the girl's hair.

He dragged his hand further down, looping in and out of the strands of the dress.

"You know, Y/N, F/C is just a magnificent colour on you," he whispered.

Y/N gulped. It scared her because it sounded genuine. It was the same kind of tone he'd used so long ago....

"You owe me."

She was snapped back to reality by the impatient look she was receiving.

"Um, thanks Hardin. Nice tie?"

He beamed psychotically and it was really freaking her out.

A waiter passed by, accidentally on purpose brushing his arm against hers.

While Hardin looked pissed off, Y/N found herself grateful. The waiter was passing his strength to her.

Empowering her.

The H/C girl couldn't care less about what Hardin wanted.

Because right then and there she knew what she wanted.

And it was for her.

She made a mental note to thank that waiter.

Or tell him to pack his bags and hide his family.

She knew what Hardin was capable of, but she didn't care anymore.

Stuck intense middle of some ramble about waiters, Y/N slammed her hand down in front of Hardin, making the cutlery whistle.

"Y/N whats wrong? Sit down you're causing a scene!"

"I'm done."

"What?"

"I'm done. We're done. It's over!"

The girl felt a state of over whelming panic embrace her.

"I'm done I'm done I'm done. I've paid my debt, don't you see!"

"Y/N, can't you see you're acting like a mad man?"

Tears of freedom waited to be released, but came crashing down none the less.

She held her face in her hands, felt her hair make a cave around her face, and for the first time, she felt like a bird that had flown from its cage.

"It's been more than eight years, Hardin. Don't you see it? I appreciate you saving my life but you can't suffocate me like this! Or did you only save my life so you could be the one to end it?"

The wound reopened, but she couldn't care.

She was too deep into the hole she was digging.

She would let the past bleed out on her.

"Let me go. I'm done done done with your games. Sick sick of being dragged like a doll."

She paused, Hardin still at lose for words, but a mysteriously sinister aura growing  and expanding.

"I can't."

"Then I'll make you let me go, any way possible. Because I'm done being in debt to you, of all people."

She run finger through her hair. "Shit." Small giggles. "Shit." Some more. Hiccups. Laughs in and out of rhythm.

"How far I've sank..." two chuckles, "I'd rather be in debt to Callum, because at least he'd only make me eat some, what, hot peppered Doritos. He would never never drag me. Never not acknowledge me, never keep me by his side against my free will."

She touched her wound, fresh with blood staining the F/C fabric.

"He is a man. He would never hurt me if I disobeyed."

She looked into his coal eyes. He didn't dare say a word in front of a crowd. But he would save it for later.

"Because we're done. There is no more deal."

She was that bird and she was flying away.

"Goodbye Hardin."

Her icy E/C pierced into him.

"Done."