Maybe I am back-Teaser

"I'm not crazy..." He mumbled, hands covering his mouth so it sounded soft and even innocent, "I'M NOT FUCKING CRAZY—!"

He sobbed into his sweater, which he'd pulled up to dry his tears. The room was darkened and the only sound heard was the ragged breathing of a fair haired boy.

"It's alright..." said a familiar voice. "I know you're not."

The boy sniffed, cracking a hint of a smile. But that's all it was, a hint. "You think so?"

"I know so," scoffed his companion. "Besides, I know who killed them."

The boy looked towards the one speaking to him in surprise. "W-who?"

His companion leaned back with a laid back smile, arms crossed behind his head. "Me."

Justin scoffed as he rolled his beautiful eyes. "Duh."

Y/N stared in disbelief at the newspaper in her lap. Hardin was looking at her with an amused expression.

Realising this, Y/N gulped. "You didn't do this, did you?"

Hardin sighed. "Y/N, my dear, I promised didn't I? That I wouldn't hurt anyone else as long as I had you? As long as they didn't come near you?"

He muttered the last part bitterly under with breath, hand caught beneath his chin, and elbow rested against the table.

"Hmm?"

"Only that I love you."

Y/N smiled a little. Hardin caught that, and he shone a larger grin in her direction, teeth somewhat imperfect. But then she furrowed her brow, grimacing. She couldn't tell what she was thinking.

So, to remove any confusion, she stared back down at the face of someone she'd disliked, greatly. She gripped the paper tightly. However, she didn't want her to die, as such.

Oh Magnolia.

That pig should've stayed out of Hardin's way—

But Hardin wasn't the one who killed her, apparently. And there was a teacher involved, Y/N had no idea why and there was no motive behind it—to her— as the whole prospect confused her.

Suddenly, she let it go, clutching her mouth as of to retch.

She knew! SHE KNEW!

My god, the answer had been right in front of her!

"J-j-It's Justin, isn't it?"

Hardin only smiled in response. One could only guess how elated he really was. He leaned over, grabbing Y/N's hand with his own, licking her thumb and placing it in his mouth.

Y/N jerked her hand back in disgust.

Hardin growled. "God, Y/N. It's all about you, and someone else that isn't me, right? Can't you for once do something for me? Are you that selfish—?"

Y/N moved her hand to slap him, but stopped.

Hardin... was crying.

"...Hardin?"

"I just want you to love me, Y/N! What more can I possibly do I've done everything, I'll even killed for you, but you don't seem to care, or even appreciate me...!" He cut himself off with a hiccup. His eyes were dark but Y/N only assumed he was trying to hide the fact he was crying. He was trying to seem a man.

Suddenly, the girl felt a wave of guilt wash over her. She bit her lip and her pulse increased, but not out of embarrassment.

"I-I-I'm so sorry, Hardin. Sometimes I forget everything you've done for me... God I'm so ungrateful...!"

Y/N was pulled into a kiss by Hardin. In surprise, she broke off, and wrapped him into a deep hug.

"Shhh, don't cry. I'm here. I-I won't leave again."

Hardin's eyes were dry.

"Promise?" A sniffle.

"Promise."

And he smiled again.

With those same lifeless eyes filled with dark.

Later that evening, each in their own state of bliss, the stairs creaked. And no one heard.

They descended the steps with grace, reaching the telephone. It was old fashioned, but a classic. I mean, you couldn't go wrong with a classic

They picked up the phone and dialed. The first attempt left them with "sorry, the number you have dialed is not valid," and they scowled. Surely they couldn't have been wrong?

The second time the phone was answered on the first ring. They said one thing:

"I'm going to kill you."

Then they hung up the phone.