Chapter Fourteen

"Good thing you did Cross Fit a while back." He joked as they were halfway up the stairs.

"I will drop you, Axel." Lola huffed as she made it to the top of the stairs.

"Take it as a compliment or something." Axel chuckled as he sat on the last stair.

"We need to install an elevator," Lola grumbled as she set up the wheelchair.

"Thank you, Lola," Axel said as he adjusted himself.

"Good to have you back Axel." Lola smiled.

"Why does everyone say that? I wasn't gone."

"Well, you were behaving like a dick," Lola suggested.

"Yeah, I guess I was, "Axel said ashamed, "and I'm sorry about that,"

"I know you are," Lola said, "I'm not the one that you need to apologize to though."

"I know," Axel said as he wheeled himself into the hallway.

"Are you going to make me carry you back down?" Lola called out.

"Yep."

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

(((Listen to The Power Of Love by Huey Lewis And The News))

"Mother? Are you in here?" Axel questioned as he entered her studio.

Sophie never really let people into her studio, not even John or Monty, it was her part of the house, and her's only. Zander and Zaria tried to join her to because they also wanted to make art. They loved to make art over already painted canvases.

His mother wasn't in the room, but the speaker was playing The Power Of Love by Huey Lewis And The News.

Axel couldn't believe it; his mother listing to this? This song was on his playlist. She listened to acoustic and piano covers.

He looked at all the painted canvas she had all over the walls and tables. She was a clean person, she always nagged Axel to clean his messy room, but her studio was way too messy.

Some of the artwork was just colours smeared together. There was a painting of a lion in a savannah background. Axel guessed that the lion was Mr Roarey. There was a painting of Glitch on the top of the White Stone Bridge. The silver metallic suit caught the setting sun's rays. Next to Glitch was the silhouette of a woman, that was Sophie. Axel and Lola had heard the heroic story of Glitch recusing Sophie after a villain called Sova knew Glitch's true identity and was going to kill Sophie. It was that superhero cliche stuff.

"First time you feel it, it might make you sad." Sophie happily sang as she entered the room, carrying a heap of canvases and paintbrushes.

She didn't realize Axel was there till she turned around.

"Axel! My gosh, you scared me." She said as she picked up the paintbrushes she had knocked over.

He had planned how he was going to apologize. It was going to be easy.

"I, um... wanted to... um, ah..." He blubbered.

Why was it so hard to apologize? It was just three simple words.

"I wanted to say that... I am sorry. I am sorry for yelling at you; I should not have done that. I am sorry for how I have been acting lately. I should not have blocked you all out. I mean, you are my family, no one should ever block out their family, especially if they are going through what I am going through. What I mean is that I am just sorry." He blubbered as he felt his face go red.

Sophie just hugged her son.

"I know you are, sweety, and we will always be here for you."

His mother always smelt the same; a mix of fresh paper and her favourite mango soap, which Axel had first brought her for her birthday when he was seven.

"Are you going to talk to your father?" Sophie asked as she pulled away.

"I'm going to try."

"I hate seeing you two fight. You are both so stubborn." She smiled.

"Like father, like son."

"Yeah."

"Well, I will leave you to your painting," Axel said as he wheeled himself towards the door.

He was never good at apologizing, the conversation felt weird after.

"Mary is making pasta bake tonight."

Pasta bake was his favourite dish, next to his mother's lasagne.

"I'll be at the table." Axel smiled.

Axel hadn't joined the family for dinner since he left the hospital. Any food he had decided to eat was eaten in his room.

"No!" Zaria yelled from the room next to Axel.

"What's going on?" Axel asked as he rushed into the room.

"Badman hurt Gwitch!" Zander yelled as he pointed at the TV.

"Zander sat on wamote." Zaria hissed as she pointed the remote at Zander.

The news was on TV. It showed a photograph of a blazing apartment building on West Avenue. It then flashed back to live footage.

"I'm here on 422 West Avenue, blocks away from the electrical fire on 400 West Avenue. Static, the supervillain, is rumoured to create the blaze. We believe that Static intended to wear down Glitch as he bravely got residents out of their burning homes. Glitch and Static are battling it out now." The news reporter went.

Static was a murderous supervillain who had electrical currents running through his body. He looked like a normal human being, but everything he made contact with, would be met with at least 200,000 volts. It was 800,000 if Static was furious. He could then the electricity from other things too, like Glitch's suit.

That just left the suit a hunk of metal.

"Oh, no! It seems that Static's plan has worked, he has overpowered Glitch! It appears that Glitch is– oh, no! He's falling!" The reporter informed.

"Gah!" Zander and Zaria screamed as they covered each other's eyes.

"We pray that Glitch will muster up the power to defeat Static. We pray that the team helping Glitch will find a way to save him, whoever they may be."