Chapter nine

Ok guys. im gonna start doing "songs of the chapter" haha i think songs make everything better. soo this chapter theres just one song. "fall for you" by secondhand serenade. Hope you like this chapter:)

It was after school the next day and I was home finishing up my algebra. Dad hadn't left for work left. "Really, izzy, this movie is going to be amazing. I've been helping with the virtual sets, and its going to be great," dad said to me with a big grin. "You'll have to take me to see it," I said looking down at my paper. "I will, I'll take you to the premiere. If you want to go," dad said. "Yes! That would be amazing!" I yelled smiling at him. "Ok. Well I better get to the office," dad said looking at his watch. I looked at the ground. "Bye dad," I said. Dad kissed me on the cheek and grabbed his briefcase. "I'll be back around 11!" He yelled. He ran out the door and came back in. "I love you Izzy!" He said before he left.

I didn't say it back. I never did. It hurt to much.

-----

Walking to Austin's house in a pair of jeans, and purple long-sleeved shirt, I held store bought brownies in my hands. I mean, I wanted a good impression. I came up to Austin's house and stood infront of the door. I was nervous. But I have have every right to be, right? Ok just ring the doorbell,I told myself. I don't know how but my finger came closer and closer to the button. I don't know if I actually pressed the doorbell because Austin opened the door.

"Hey, I saw you come up the driveway," he said. "Oh, well. I brought brownies!" I said holding up the warm plate. "Ohh! I love brownies!" He yelled taking the plate from me. I laughed. "Come inside, my mom just finished dinner," he said smiling. I walked in and the house smelled of taco meat. "ARE WE HAVING TACOS?!" I asked excited. "Yeah...," Austin said. "I love tacos soo much!" I said to him. "Good," he said proudly. He walked me into the kitchen where his mom was putting lettuce on a plate.

"Hey mom, this is Isabelle," he said to her. His mom turned and looked at her with a smile. "Im Michelle,"she paused looking at Austin,"So this is the beautiful Isabelle? He was right you are beautiful," she said winking at me. "Mom!" Austin yelled blushing. "Oh honey I'm just kidding," she said giggling. "Are you hungry?" She asked me. "Oh yes," I replied.

Austin was eating a brownie that i had brought. "put that down! were about to eat!" Michelle yelled. "they were mocking me!" he yelled back smiling. Michelle took the brownie out of his hands and shoved it into her mouth, trying not to laugh. "Mom!" he yelled laughing . I couldn't stop smiling.

Michelle led me to a table and pointed to a chair. I sat down and Austin helped Her bring in plates of food. "Do you need any help?" I asked Michelle. "No thanks honey, I think we got it," she replied with a smile. Austin sat down next to me and handed me a plate. I smiled my thanks.

We filled our plates with a taco and salad that Austin's mom made. Everyone made small talk. Michelle would talk about when Austin was little boy or when he did something she thought was really funny. Every time I looked over at Austin he was either laughing or blushing.

The dinner Michelle made was actually really good. Some of the best tacos I've had in a while. Better than dads. That's for sure.

After dinner I cleaned my plate and put it in the sink. I helped Michelle and Austin bring in the rest of the dishes from the table. Me and Michelle loaded the dishes into the dishwasher, and Austin put away the left over food.

"Do you guys want a brownie now?" Michelle asked eyeing Austin. "I'll take one," me and Austin said at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed. I took a moist brownie . "Mom were gonna go to my room," Austin said to his mom, with his mouth full. "Ok, I'm gonna run to the office really quickly to pick up some papers," she replied. "See you later!" I yelled as we walked to Austin's room.