Chapter twelve

"Dad you can't always expect me to like your food," I said as he handed me a plate. It was the next morning and dad and I were sitting at the breakfast table. "It's a brunch dish," he said. "It looks like a pizza with an egg in the middle," I said pushing it around the plate. "Just try it," he said. I rolled my eyes and cut a piece off with my fork. I put it into my mouth and gagged. I ran to the trash can and spit it out. "You should really stick to movies,dad," I said. "It can't be that bad Izzy," he said putting to into his mouth. He did the same thing. "Yeah, nope. That is disgusting," he rubbed a napkin over his tongue. I laughed and put the rest of the food into the garbage.

Dad and I have been getting along better. A lot better. He spends more time with me, or try's to. He says that work is really being hard on him. It's weird because he's never on his phone, and no one ever calls our house phone. I haven't really been mad at him either, but I think that's because of Austin.

"We'll I'm going to Houston later," dad said. "For work?" I asked. Dad looked at the ground and didn't say anything. "Yes. For work." I looked at him in the eyes, but he looked away instantly.

"We'll good luck dad, at work," I said turning on my heels to walk upstairs. I sat down on my bed and twirled my phone between my fingers. One thought in my mind. Why would he ever want to lie to me?

----------

Me: hey Austin wanna do something today?

He replied a few minutes later.

Austin: of course:) be there in a few.

I set my phone down and sat down on the couch. I turned on a re-run of once upon a time. I was about to doze off when Austin came through the door.

"Ok so I was thinking we could go to the mall or we could go eat at 5 guys if you were hungry," he said looking down at his phone texting someone. He finally looked up at me and stopped, seeing me still in my pajamas. "Or, we could just hang out here," he said and plopped down on the couch next to me. "You could of told me it was pajama day. I wouldn't have changed," he said smiling. "You can borrow my dads sweatpants...if you want," I turned my head and looked at him. He laughed. "No thanks, I'm fine."

After watching tv for awhile i laid my head on his shoulder. "This is random...but why don't people like me?" I asked Austin and looked up at him. He thought for a second. "We'll....your new here. And you need to put yourself out there. Get noticed. You have and amazing voice and let's not forget how freaking hot you are-" "hey, don't push it. But I like the compliments," I said cutting him off. He smiled at me. "People don't like new. That's just the way we are," he rapped his arms around me and that's how we stayed.

"Are you scared for the play that's coming up?" I asked. "I don't really know. It's the first time I'm doing something that doesn't involve singing. But I'm all for trying new things," he said looking at me. I smiled. "What about you?" He asked me. "I never really meant to get the part of Juliet. I just wanted to be in the background. Its one chance for me to show people who I am, you know? For someone to see me. After my mom died I became oblivious to the world. Didn't hang out with my friends, or dad. I pushed people away, the people I loved the most. Now I realized, that was a big mistake," I sighed. "It was hard for me to, not growing up without a father. Or feeling like your all alone. But that's just it. I wasn't alone. I had my mom my grandma. People who loved me and were there for me. Family can help you get through anything," he said smiling. "Yeah. I realize that now. But I'm glad have you right now," I said putting my head back on his shoulder.

Austin moved and looked at me. He tilted my chin up with his finger. He leaned in and brushed his lips against mine. I moved my arms around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair.

This feeling, this amazing feeling, was making my heart be 1000 times per minute. We had so much in common. He felt what I was feeling.

He pulled me close and kissed me with passion and pain. I pulled back and rested my forehead against his. On the tv the music video Begin Again by Taylor swift began to play. I started to sing along.

Took a deep breath in the mirror

He didn't like it when I wore high heels

But I do

Turn the lock and put my headphones on

He always said he didn't get this song

But I do, I do

Austin starting singing along too. I smiled as we sang.

Walked in expecting you'd be late

But you got here early and you stand and wave

I walk to you

You pull my chair out and help me in

And you don't know how nice that is

But I do

And you throw your head back laughing

Like a little kid

I think it's strange that you think I'm funny cause

He never did

I've been spending the last 8 months

Thinking all love ever does

Is break and burn and end

But on a Wednesday in a cafe

I watched it begin again

I stopped and asked," you know that song?" He laughed. "Of course! I love Taylor," he replied. "Hm. We would be a perfect duet," I said kissed him. "We would be," he took my hand and stretched out my arm. "I should take you to the studio some time," he said. "I would love that."