Chapter thirteen

The play was only a few days away. We've been having dress rehearsals lately to get ready. In fact I'm at another rehearsal now. We are in the middle of the scene were romeo takes the poison, and i find out later and am devastated. i watch austin as he says his lines. Hearing his voice makes me smile. I know , cheesy right?

My dad once asked me if me and austin would have to kiss. i answered yes. Mr.greene thought it would be differnt if romeo and juliet just showed small signs of effection like a kiss on the cheek or hand. He wants to have a kissing scene as romeos dying. Something taylor was not to happy about.

it was my scene where romeo and juliet see each other after romeo has taken the poison. this scene me and austin were supposed to kiss. i was both excited and nervous. we haven't ever gotten this far in rehearsals to do so. I was kneeling by him. He said his lines and i was supposed to cry. Crying was not difficult for me. i took his hand, "No please," i said tears streaming down my face. "Good, faboulous!" Mr.greene shouted. I was supposed to lean down and kiss austin. With tears still running down my face i moved my face over his. Our lips almost touched when someone started to cough. it wasnt a silent cough into the arm it was an intense loud cough. Almost like she was dying. "Cut!" Mr. Greene shouted. Everyone stopped what they were doing to find that none other than taylor was acting like she was dying, literally. Everyone rushed over to her highness. Me and Austin looked at each other and rolled our eyes. I helped Austin up as taylor was gulping down water. "We can practice later," he whispered into my ear. I could feel my cheeks turning red as i looked at the ground. He took my hand and led me off the stage.

"Good rehearsal today everyone. We will start again tomorrow. A couple more rehearsals and id say we've got this! Reminder to all that the play is next tuesday." Mr.Greene stated. Austin and i grabbed our backpacks. As we walked by Taylor, making sure no one else could hear, I said,"Are you sure your ok? I mean, you sounded like you were dying mid scene. I hope this doesn't happen during the play." i stated flatly not really trying to be sincere. She just glared at me and austin was holding back a laugh. Austin started to lead me out of the theater,"Feel better!" i shouted waving to Taylor.

"You are really pushing her buttons," Austin said. i laughed. "Pushing her buttons? No one says that anymore," i said. "Oh really? Well i do," Austin said smiling and putting his arm around my shoulders. "Let's go somewhere to eat," Austin said. "Hmm where?" I asked. "Ahem, 5 guys where else?" He asked as if it were an obvious question.

"Austin I have like 3 test to study for and-" "AND we can study there. I'm hungry," mhe gave me a puppy dog face. I looked at the ground and back at him. "But ONLY of I get my own fries. I've heard how you steal fries from people. Don't try denning it either, Alex, Robert, and Tyler would probably beg to differ," I finished laughing. Austin laughed with me. We walked out Into the crisp air towards Austin's car.

-------

We walked into 5 guys and walked to the counter. "Welcome to 5 guys how may I help you?" The lady behind the counter asked. "I'll take two cheeseburgers, and large fry," Austin said to her. He nudged me as I looked at the menu. "Uhm, ill have a cheer burger with a small fry," I said getting my money. "That will be 8.35," the lady said. I tried to hand Austin a 5 but he pushed it away. "It's on me. I'm the one who dragged you here," he said smiling. He paid and we waited for our food.

We sat down at a table and I instantly went for the fries. "Woah,woah, woah. Woah," Austin said taking the French fries away from me as I was gonna put one into my mouth. I dropped my jaw. "What the heck! I'm hungry!," I said laughing and trying to take the box away from him. "You can't each French fries without ketchup," he said shoving 3 into his mouth. "You little Hypocrite," I grinned. Just then two girls walked over to us. They looked to be freshman.

"Ohmygod. Austin Mahone. It's- it's Ohmygod," one girl said. Austin smiled," hey how are you guys doing?" "We just wanted food and here you are. Can we have a picture?" The other girl asked. Austin gave me a sympathetic look but I waved it off. "I'm gonna go get ketchup," I said standing. I walked over and pumped ketchup into 5 little cups. i know austin loves ketchup. i walked back to the table. The girls sat down at the table taking up the chairs. "You have got to be kidding me," I muttered under my breath.

Austin was taking a picture with the girls as they were asking him questions about random things. I pulled up a chair and sat next to Austin. The girls glared at me. "So, are you two like, dating now or something?" They asked. Me and Austin looked at each other. We had never really talked about this topic. "I-uh," I looked down at my tray. "I knew it! Your the girl Austin is always tweeting about!" I blushed, not taking my eyes off the tray. Austin coughed trying to take away the silence. The girls never moved. They just looked down at their phones probably tweeting that they'd just met Austin.

"We'll guys we really need to go," Austin said. "Oh ok," the girls looked disappointed. We grabbed a to go bag and put everything in it. We waved goodbye and walked out to the car.

"Sorry about that," Austin said. "It's ok. It's not everyday you get to meet Austin Mahone," I said smiling. "No, buts its not everyday I get to take you somewhere either," he said. I smiled my cheeks heating up. "Let's just go back to my house and eat. I know for a fact my dads not home," I said. "Alright," Austin said," it's a date."

-------

We were in my kitchen eating our food. "These fries are freaking amazing," I said with my mouth full. "I know. But you need more ketchup on there," he said squirting some all over the French fries. "Hey!" I said. I took the bottle and put even more than there already was. "I hope you know, I am perfectly fine with having 30 pounds of ketchup on my fries. I will not care," Austin said laughing. I rolled my eyes and shoved another fry into my mouth.

"My mom is taking me to Miami this Friday. We're going to discuss recordings and contracts," he said. "How long will you be there?" I asked. "Hmm, five days..." He said looking around the room. "Wait. 5 days? Austin the play is Tuesday," I said worried. "I know, I know. I will be back my then, or in time for the play," he said. I picked up my plate and took it over to the sink. He followed.

"Good," I said washing the plate off,"I really didn't want to have to kiss James if you weren't there," i finished. Austin stopped and looked at me grinning. He came up behind me at the sink. "Don't worry, I wouldn't miss it," he whispered into my ear. My breathe caught in my trough and my cheeks turned red. I turned around only to be face to face with Austin. He leaned in and gently kissed my lips. "Didn't I say we could practice later?" He said his breath tickling my nose. I giggled and leaned back in kissing him. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and I could feel his arms go around my waist.

This moment was perfect. Everything about him was just... Well perfect.