Chapter 9

-Ashton's POV-

I woke up to the gentle sound of Ryan's snoring. It took me a minute to process why we were outside and then I remembered the night before. We were playing truth or dare and we all ended up falling asleep.

I looked around. Ryan was on the chair next to me wrapped in my hoodie. I remember how I had pushed her I the pool and let her take my hoodie because she said she was cold. She looked really small in that huge jumper. The boys were all sprawled all over the place, Michael in the chair on the other side of me, mouth wide open and snoring loudly.

I came up with a great idea. I woke up Luke.

"Hey Luke, do you want to help me push somebody into the pool?" I whisper.

"Yeah man, let's do it." he grins at me.

He got up and we decided who we would do it to. We debated between Michael and Ryan. Ryan it was.

We moved her chair over without waking her up and then we both grabbed her and dumped her into the pool. Oh I was dead. Why did I keep doing this?

She got up out of the water, her mouth wide open. I though she would use all the strength she had to push me into the pool, but no, she stomped off looking really angry.

"Shit, I think she took that a bit harder than I intended." I say after a couple seconds.

"Dude what have you done?" Luke chuckles, looking at me. "She probably hates you even more now."

He was right.

-Ryan's POV-

Oh my god. What the fuck had he done that for? I didn't know why but I was really mad at him even though I know it was just a harmless prank.

It's probably just to early in the morning. I'm just tired from last night. I'm fine really. And then I suddenly just burst into tears. I don't even know why. Why was I like this? Ugh I hate my feelings.

I heard a knock on my door. I wiped away my tears and looked at myself in the mirror. It was obvious I had been crying. I answered it anyway. My eyes met a pair of blue ones.

"Um... Hi I was um just wondering if you were okay." Luke asks.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say, trying not to make my voice sound shaky. It's just too early in the morning and I'm in a really bad mood. And on top of all that it really hurt when I hit the water because it went up my nose.

"Are you sure because me and Ashton feel-"

"I'm fine. I mean I'm sorry, I'm.. I'm fine" I blurted out.

"I'm really sorry about this." He says, shyly looking at his hands.

And then I couldn't hold it in any more, I burst out crying again.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I'm just so stupid." I said covering my face.

"No, no it's fine." He rubs my shoulder. "Come on don't cry."

"I'm really sorry." I wiped away my tears. "I don't even understand why I am crying."

And then he hugged me. He smelled of cologne.

"I'm sorry I'm so dramatic." I chuckle.

"No don't worry." He smiled, pulling away. "I'm Luke" He puts his hand out.

"I know." I giggled. "We've known each other years."

"Well I've never properly met you so shake my hand." He laughs.

We shook hands as he apologised over and over.

"Thanks for cheering me up." I smile.

"No problem, Could you do me a favour?" He asks.