Chapter 16

-Ashton's POV-

"Can you tell me now?" I ask Ryan as I walk into her room.

"Why does nobody ever knock?" She chuckles. "Do you know what I could have been doing?"

"Maybe you were banging whoever this guy is." I laugh.

"Yeah, I wish." She says as I burst out laughing. I think she kinda regretted it after she said it.

"So who is it?" I ask desperately.

"Promise you won't tell?" She holds out her pinky.

"Promise." I lock mine with hers.

"Alright then, your not going to know him but his name is Jake Smith."

"Is he cute?"

"Very."

-Ryan's POV-

It was so funny how I could call him very cute and say I wanted to bang him right to his face without him even knowing I was talking about him.

"What school does he go to, is it ours?" Uh why does he keep asking questions?

"No, um he goes to that one down the road" I say without even thinking.

"Oh you mean, uh what's the name? I can't remember but I know what one your talking about."

"Yeah, yeah." I nod even though I'm not understanding a word he's saying.

"Can I see a picture of him?" He asks.

"Uh I don't have a picture."

"Does he not have Facebook or Instagram or something."

"Uh he does but he has that app where you can see if people are stalking your profile." I made it up. I don't even know if that app exists. And if it does then why don't I have it.

"Oh ok." He says throwing his arms in the air in frustration making me laugh.

"Could I have your advice?" I ask.

"Why not?" He says jumping on the bed next to me and putting his arm around my shoulders making me smile.

"If you like a girl, what do you do, like since your a guy I thought you might know. What are the signs a guy likes you?"

"Well first of all. When he talks to you he's either really shy and nervous or really confident and attention seeking. I'm definitely the second one. When you compliment him or say something nice he can't really stop smiling. If they are really confident with you he will compliment you. But be able to see the difference between a guy who genuinely likes you and respects you and a guy that just wants to get in your pants."

"Wow you are really good at giving advice." I say.

"Haha, not really. Any guy could give advice like that." He laughs and then looks down at me and for a second I swear I thought he was gonna kiss me, but he didn't.

"So tell me who do you like?" I ask not really wanting an answer.

"Nobody in particular." He shrugs as relief washes over me. "But I could still use some advice though, for the future."

"Hm, girls are mainly shy as well and there are those that just want to fuck every guy on the planet. I'm a shy one for definite. They are quite similar actually. To get ones attention you probably have to be either really sweet or really funny. Your both by the way and your cute so that's a bonus." I say without really thinking it out.

He looks kinda surprised at the end of my answer.

"You think I'm cute?" He chuckles.

"Yeah sure why not." I answer trying to play it off cool.

"Oh alright, but your cuter." He says making me smile.

He then gets up with a big smile on his face and opens the door.

"I'll see you later Ryan." He gives me a huge smile before leaving.

It was funny how he had just said that if a girl a guy likes compliments them, it's hard to stop smiling. May I remind you, I complimented him, and now he can't stop smiling. Coincidence? Didn't think so. Or maybe. I have no idea.

"He seems happy, what did you do, give him your virginity?" Luke says from behind me.

"It is official that nobody in this house ever knocks before entering. If we ever are doing that in the future and somebody walks in I will actually kill them." I say.

"Haha, you come up with the weirdest things," He laughs. "But seriously what did he say?"

"I told him that I like 'Jake Smith' and we talked about signs somebody likes you." I say putting air quotes around Jake Smith.

"We really need to look up a Jake Smith sometime and see everyone who comes up." He laughs.

"Why not now?" I say going onto Facebook first on my phone.

"Haha look at that guy, he's at least forty. I guess you go for the older guys right Ryan." He winks nudging my shoulder.

"Well Ashton is older than me."

"Wow look at that guy, is that a six pack?" Luke says as I laugh.

"Should we start getting ready for the fair?" I ask.

"Yeah, we have to leave in about ten minutes, but I'm already ready so yeah."

"Ok then, do I look alright?"

"Perfection." He says as I smile and head over to the mirror.

"No I don't! Look at the state of my hair, and look at my eyes. What is wrong with them?" I moan.

"Why do you hate yourself, your beautiful." Luke says coming up behind me and smoothing out my hair.

"No I'm not. Your perfection." I say.

"You realise everyone has flaws. Even me." He chuckles.

"I know but my flaws overrule everyone else's."

"Fishing for compliments I see?" He smirks making me laugh.

"No." I roll my eyes.

He kisses the top of my head before leaving my room. He is such a gentleman it isn't even funny. He understood girls so well. It made me question his sexuality. I chuckle to myself before sitting down and attempting to tackle the mess that is my hair.

I brushed through it for ages and applied a bit of make up. I usually kept my make up light, just covering up my freckles and putting on some mascara.

"Why do you cover up your freckles?" I hear a voice from over on my bed and get such a fright that I fall off the chair and onto the ground.

I turn my head towards my bed to see Ashton sitting there pissing himself laughing.

"Ashton?! How long have you been there?" I say starting to stand up, feeling my cheeks blush.

Eventually he stops laughing and calms himself down "A while."

"How much did you hear?" I ask.

"A lot."

"Give me a proper answer." I panic starting to get worried.

"Enough to know who 'Jake Smith' is." He says putting air quotes around Jake Smith. Oh shit. Did he find out?

"Who is it?" I move closer to him furrowing my eyebrows.

"Luke."
________________________________

A/N: Ooohhh a cliffhanger. I'm in such a great mood right now and I thought I'd give you guys an update. I want to make a new cover for this so can you give me ideas in the comments. I'll update soon.

________________________________

10/4/2015

As said in previous chapters this book is being rewritten, changed and updated. This is a note to say that this chapter has been updated.