Chapter 22

-Ryan's POV-

Did Ashton hear what I said? No he couldn't have. I decided to talk to Luke first. Since we were all kinda just stood there in the hall outside of our room where Charlie and Calum were now kissing in, I caught Luke's attention and tilted my head towards the back door, signalling him that we needed to talk.

"Did Ashton hear?"

"He may have.." He bites his lip.

"What!"

"No, I'm just kidding." He laughs as I push him lightly on the chest. "You should have seen your face."

"I want to punch you right now." I roll my eyes. "So what did you hear?"

"Stuff about Fabi's boyfriend, Charlie liking Calum, you only thinking of me as a friend... And, um... You liking one of the boys." He says the last part quietly.

"What? Oh god. Well unless I like my brother, then there's only two left, Michael and Ashton."

"Unless it's me."

"Well I guess, even though I denied it when Charlie accused me."

"Yeah. Look, I kinda came up with a plan..." He says looking down at his feet.

"What?" I say eagerly.

"Well, it may seem weird and awkward... But if you really don't want him to know-"

"Just tell me."

"Alright.. We pretend to date." He says blushing

I think for a bit. It certainly was weird, but it might just work. We were good enough friends to let it not be awkward, but the only thing, I would have a lot of explaining to do when Ashton found out who Jake Smith was.

"Okay, sure." He raises his eyebrows, not expecting my answer.

"Are you sure about this? I think it's kinda a stupid plan."

"It will stop Ashton from thinking too far for now. It's too early to tell him."

"So we are 'dating'" he says putting quotation marks around dating.

"I guess we are babe."

"Alright then babe." He blows a kiss to me

_________________________________

-Ashton's POV-

"Come on mate. I told her. Now you tell Ryan." Calum says to me

"How long have I got?"

"Till Sunday."

I thought about it, that was five days.

"Five days?"

"Yes five days"

Luke then came into the kitchen, as me and Calum stopped talking.

"Guys guess what?" He asks.

"What?" Me and Calum say in unison.

"I'm dating Ryan." He says as my heart sinks, I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped too and I wanted to cry.

"Ryan?"

"Yeah,"

"Great dude, I'm happy for you." I say walking away out the door feeling angry.

I heard Calum following behind me but I didn't pay any attention.

She is just another crush Ashton, stop over-reacting.

But that's the thing, she wasn't just another crush. For some reason I imagined us continuing on.

-Luke's POV-

I realised how stupid my plan actually was. I don't even know why I thought it was a good idea. There are many reasons why this is a horrible plan. First off, if Ashton did like Ryan, he would try to stop because one of his best mates is dating her. Then that would just break us further apart. And plus, it was just awkward for me and Ryan.

I had to tell Ryan that it was a horrible plan. Ugh I hate myself.

I walk into Ryan's room, accidentally forgetting to knock, something she always told me to do. She was right because she was kinda in the middle of getting dressed. She at least had her underwear and bra on. She immediately held a t-shirt up to her trying to cover up as I closed my eyes.

"Sorry." I shout over and over.

I pray that nobody saw me and her together when she was half naked. That would take a lot of explaining.

"It's all right come in. I'm dressed now." She yells from inside her room.

"I need to talk to you."

"What about. This whole dating thing?"

"Yeah, actually. Well, I figured it's kinda a bad idea. But I'm after telling the boys so it's kinda late. I'm so stupid, I'm sorry."

"It's fine Luke" she says sitting down on her bed and patting the place next to her telling me to sit down.

I close the door and walk over to her bed, sitting down next to her.

"So this whole plan?" I look at her.

"Let's keep it going." She says and before I can react she places her lips on mine.

Well that was weird. It was only less than a second but - wow.

"That didn't mean anything." she speaks my thoughts.

"Hey... Can I tell you the real reason why I wanted to make this plan?"

"Go ahead."

"Well, I kinda like Fabi-"

"Knew it." She chuckles.

"Well anyway, she has a boyfriend, so I thought maybe if we dated it would solve both our problems. But it really is not. Jealousy is not a good way to go."

"Don't worry. I will do this. Even though making a girl jealous by dating her best friend isn't the best approach." She says.

"Well, do you want to keep this going or not?" I ask.

"Yup. I don't need to explain anything to Ashton just yet."

"Will you tell him soon. Your a real bitch." I joke as she playfully hits my shoulder.

"I'll tell him soon enough."

"Good."

________________________________

A/N:
This may be my shittiest chapter yet but it is important. So sorry for this short chapter but I wanted to give you something. Anyway thanks for reading and I will update tomorrow, when this was actually supposed to be put up.

19/4/15

As said I am rewriting, changing and updating this book and this is just a message to say that this chapter has been updated.