Chapter 3 - My New Best Friend

"Thank you for bringing me into the world," She cupped your hand in both of her palms, making your cheeks flush uncomfortably. You'd known Pearls were meant to serve, but not like this. 

"I am at your eternal service! Welcome to your new Pearl."

You, Steven, and Greg all shrieked in disbelief. "What's going on?"

"Could her gem be cracked?"

"...Looks fine to me."

----------------------------------

You saw the pink gem begin to float in the air. Panic rose in your chest as you tightly clutched the harmless scythe in your pocket. "Get back! Huh...?" The gem tackled you to the ground, holding your wrists against the floor gently, her face inches away from yours. Your eyes flickered around her, studying her features. The thick lines under her eyes had dissipated, her gem turning right side up. Your eyebrows furrowed slightly seeing her original form. What had happened to this gem?

"I'm so excited to meet you!"

"You're... not mad?"

"Mad? Why would I be mad at my best friend?"

Your eyebrows twisted in confusion, glancing over at Steven for advice. He caught your gaze and mouthed a simple 'I don't know.' 

"This will be fun! Aren't you the lucky one? Her cut is perfect, and she's pink as well! She'll bring you endless entertainment! Your new best friend, Spinel!" She pink gem smiled at you sheepishly, meeting your gaze and giggling lightly. You blushed, hearing her soft, playful laugh. You instantly brushed it off, turning your attention to the reset gems. Your eyes glazed over Amethyst, Pearl, Ruby, and Saphire, a frown tugging at the sides of your lips.

"...YOU!" Steven growled, making eye contact with the slightly taken aback gem. She cowered behind you, holding onto one of your arms. Your eyes met for a split second until you pulled away almost instantly. "Steven, she doesn't remember..." You murmured, her grip around you becoming the slightest bit tighter.

 "...Remember what?" 

You tilted your head upwards, gaze lingering on the injector, towering above you.

"Wowie! That thing sure is big! You wanna climb it or something?"

You sighed, hoping the sight of the injector would trigger something in her memory. "What about all that stuff you said about how he wouldn't stand a chance against your injector?" You gestured to Steven. She offered you a single raised eyebrow in response. "I said what now?" You sighed sadly. "You really don't remember..." You turned to your brother as he paced back and forth, fingers running through his hair. "What do I do... I've got no friends to help me, except..." He glanced to little homeworld, hope glistening in his eyes. "Bismuth, Lapis, and Peridot!" Steven started to run to little homeworld, eyes fixated on the distance. "I'll be right back!" He called, his voice becoming quieter as he ran off. "Wait! Don't leave me alone with them!" You sighed, glancing to Pearl, Amethyst, and Spinel. "My Um Y/N, allow me," Pearl stated, placing an umbrella over your head. Amethyst shifted into a replica of you, sending a disturbing chill down your spine. Pearl lifted her hand to her chin, eyes flickering between the two of you. You glanced down at the pink gem, holding onto your arm and placing her head on your shoulder. A blush crept up your cheeks.

"So... Spinel, Huh?