Chapter 18 - Am I Inturruping Something?

Really just need to thank everyone for all of the attention that this book has gotten, i'm just some random gay highschooler that started this to improve my writing skill, it's literally crazy to see this book blow up right in front of me. also it's #1 in the steven universe tag like???? what??? how??? why??? thanks again for all of the support loves, it literally means the world to me

"Oh HELL no."

"But-"

"That game is for horny 12-year-olds," You mutter in a condescending tone as he blushes and punches your arm.

"Y/N!"

"We're not playing truth or dare,"

"You're such a bore, Y/N. Glad you're coming, though." You hear Spinel's footsteps as she casually walks down the stairs.

"Hey, doll. Oh, Steven. What are ya doin' here?" She inquires.

"Just inviting you and Y/N to a sleepover tonight. Bis, Lapis, and Peri are gonna be there."

"Sounds great," She struggles to hold back a huge, giddy smile. "We're going, right, Y/N?"

"You know what? Sure. We'll be there, Stevo. See you at 10."

--------------------------------------

"And then she was all, 'Hey girl, I think you're suffering from a lack of vitamin me.'"

Bismuth erupts into laugher, tears springing in the corner of her eyes. Steven tries and fails to suppress a laugh. Pearl facepalms in second-hand embarrassment. Garnet removes her visors and pinches the bridge of her nose, but she's smiling. Amethyst is stuffing her face with crisps (or chips in). Peridot clings to Lapis' arm, a blushing mess.

"Peridot, that's how you asked Lapis out?" You chuckle, earning a single nod from Peridot.

"Well, I'm glad it worked out for you two," Bismuth sighs, wiping a tear. "Ugh, you guys make me feel so single." Amethyst groans. The Crystal Gems, You, and Spinel sit in a circle around Steven's living room. "You're not the only one," Bismuth laughs. "This is pretty nice. I haven't had this much of a laugh since Pink-" Pearl stops herself abruptly, slapping her hands over her mouth. Your eyes flicker to Spinel as she gives you a weak, unconvincing smile. You furrow your eyebrows slightly. "Spinel, are you-"

"I'll be fine, love. Don't worry about me." She stretches and casually wraps an arm around your shoulder. "Uh... Truth or Dare! We should get on with that," Steven scratches the back of his neck sheepishly, trying to break the heavy silence. Nods of approval come from the group.

"Alright, I'll start us off. Truth or dare, Amethyst?"

"Dare."

"How many humans have you kissed?"

"Keeping it tame, Steven? Lame."

He blushes slightly. "Answer the question."

"653. And counting," She casually glances at her hands.

"How the hell-"

"I don't think we wanna know, Steven," Lapis remarks, biting her nails uncomfortably. They circle the group.

"Amethyst, get off that table, you're going to get hurt!"

"I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me!" She shouts from the top of the table, laying herself across the table. "Paint me like one of your French girls." She smirks as Pearl suppresses a laugh.

*I know I have some male readers, so you can just skip the next few paragraphs if you are*

"Truth or dare, Y/N?"

 You shake your head, snapped out of your trance by Amethyst's voice. "I'll go with truth."

"Alright, Y/N, you're 19. You've gotta tell us when you're gonna get a boyfriend."

"Amethyst," Garnet places a hand on her shoulder. "Don't pressure her."

"Y/N is strong and independent. I doubt she needs a man," Steven smiles. Bismuth nods towards Spinel subtly and winks.

"Actually... I think... I just don't want a boyfriend."

"Told you," Steven smirks.

"I don't think I like guys in general." You awkwardly fiddle with your sleeves. You feel Spinel flinch beside you, looking down and biting her bottom lip. She pauses for a moment then smiles sincerely, a dark pink blush spreading across her face.

"Called it. You owe me 20, Lapis." Peridot crosses her arms over her chest, leaning against Lapis' shoulder. "You're lucky I love you," Lapis snickers and digs a 20 dollar bill out of her pocket. "We were betting on if you liked girls or not." Peridot glances towards you.

"...Why were you betting on my sexuality?"

"It was Lapis' idea."

*If you stopped reading, you can continue here*

"Pfft- you guys are weird," You raise an eyebrow as Spinel abruptly stands, hiding her face from you. "I'm gonna get some air."

"But it was just about to be your turn-"

"I'm good, thanks." She turns towards the door, casting you a glance and disappearing behind it.

"I'll go," You stand from the circle, following Spinel out the door.

"It's beautiful out tonight," You take a seat next to her. "It is. I quite like the view from here, though." She makes direct eye contact with you and holds it for a bit longer than normal. You take a minute to process what she's said as you feel your face burn bright red as you playfully shove her. "You flirt." You snicker as she wraps an arm around your waist. "This is nice. The Cyrstal Gems are great, but I don't catch ya alone a lot, doll." She nuzzles her face into your arm as you throw an arm around her shoulder. "Tell me about it. I love my brother and I love the Crystal Gems, but... they can be a bit much," She pulls away slightly, taking both of your hands in hers, pressing her forehead against yours. "You're beautiful," She abruptly states, voice dripping with hesitation. "I sometimes wish I could be enough for ya. Maybe then we'd be..."

"...Be what?"

"Y/N... I... I've never felt this way before. I think... I-I... I think I'm in l-"

"Yo, dudes!" Amethyst slams the door open. "We're about to play never... have... I..." She trails off, eyes flickering between the two of you.

"...Am I interrupting something?"