Chapter 7 - Independent Together + A/N

Small A/N before we start-

I got??? like 300 reads??? in 3 days??? Didn't expect that lmao. I know things are moving pretty slow at this point, it'll pick up soon. trust me it's causing me physical pain at the fact that I can't write a lot of Spinel fluff yet. Just wait, you won't disappointed

also up there is just a messy sketch of Steven and reader's fusion, if you don't like it totally fine lmao just imagine your own, 

----------------------------------------

A chill went up your spine, seeing as Pearl didn't react in the slightest to Amethysts' form. It was somewhat disturbing, even downright creepy, as you'd always known about Pearl's feeling towards Rose. You disregardfully dropped your microphone, lifting a hand to your chin. You racked your brain for the slightest idea of how to make Pearl regain her memories. If that didn't work... what would? "Don't worry, My Um Y/N! I Can sing for you next time-" You rubbed the bridge of your nose in pure frustration.

"Ugh! What will make you stop serving me?!"

"As long as you exist, I will serve you!"

You gasped with realization. 

"As long as you exist...!" You and your brother exclaimed, nodding in realization.

"Wait, Steven... your powers are fucked up. Plus, I've never..."

"We can at least try. Come on, sis. Let's do it."

-------------------------------------------

(I'm switching into third-person for a minute to make this a bit clearer.)

"Y/N?!" Spinel and Pearl gasped in unison, a bright light blinding their vision.

"It's a big old universe out there,"

The fusion stated effortlessly, tossing their jacket into the crowd, not bothering to take a glance at where it went.

" When you're getting crushed under the weight of the stars... sometimes, you just need that special someone... to remind you that you're so much more."

They threw a sharp wink at Pearl. She still held the same face of frantic confusion.

"Nothing is holding you back now,

No one can push you around now,

What do you wanna do?"

The fusion gracefully lifted themselves off the floor, an aura of pink surrounding them. They did the same with Pearl. She let out a small yelp, lifted off the ground from the fusion. 

"You're the master of you,

And isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground?"

The pale gem glanced at both her hands, closing them in confidence.

"Nothing is holding me back now

No one can push me around,"

She hit the ground smoothly, making eye contact with the fusion.

"Who do I wanna be?

I'm the master of me,

And isn't the thought enough to lift me off of the ground?"

"We could be independent together

Independent together, we can fly,

Independent together, you and I..."

With a bright light, Pearl hovered in the air, regaining all of her memories in the blink of an eye. She inspected her jacket, spotting Amethyst and fusing with her almost instantly.

"High above an endless sea,

No one brought us here but me,

Every step and every choice,

It's my thought, it's my thought, it's my words, it's my voice,"

Opal summoned a guitar confidently to play with the significantly shorter fusion.

"Independent together

Independent together, if we try

Independent together, you and I,"

The shorter fusion and Opal sang in perfect sync, making eye contact. They caught a quick glance at Spinel, her face twisted with jealousy and terror. The fusion slowly started to unravel, Y/N wanting desperately to unfuse and comfort Spinel. No... we have to keep it together...

"Independent together

Independent together, we can fly

Independent together, you and I

Independent together, you and I..."