Chapter - Two (Ryan)

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I ran my hand through my blonde hair to make sure it was good and walked out of our crowded bathroom. I went to my dresser, found a pair of boxers and jeans and went into the living room. Danny was laying across the couch, flipping through channels on the TV.

“Where’s Aaron?” I ask.

“I dunno, he left a while ago. He probably went hunting.” He didn’t even look up from the TV. Speaking of the devil, Aaron chose that minute to walk in. His short black hair was messed up and one of the knees on his jeans was ripped. Yes, he had definitely been hunting. You would think after years of this he would be a little less messy. He didn’t look very happy though, like he usually did after a hunting trip, instead he looked pretty mad, or maybe annoyed. Danny also noticed our brother’s anger and finally looked up from the TV.

“What’s wrong? Danny asked Aaron.

“There’s a new student on campus.” Aaron said almost shaking with anger.

“Awesome…?” I prompted him.

“There was a short of rooms and she has to stay with us.” He grumbled.

“Uh-oh.” Danny said looking worried.

“Wait- she’s a girl?” I asked, I hadn’t missed that he had said she.

“That’s what I said.” Aaron snapped at me.

“Awesome!” I couldn’t help but smile, this could be fun. Both Aaron and Danny glared at me.

“Well we’re going to have to clean up; she’ll be here in a couple of hours.” We all picked up, making sure to hide the bottles of blood that we kept stored in the refrigerator, although we usually preferred it fresh. The bedroom was harder to get clean, there had been clothes laying everywhere. The room wasn’t huge, but it could fit four beds and four dressers comfortably. Danny and I slept in the beds with their backs facing the east wall and Aaron had always slept on the one with its back facing west. The new girl would get the bed next to Aaron’s. That sucks. Aaron didn’t even want the bed next to hers; maybe I could get him to trade with me.

“Hey Aaron, will you trade beds with me?” I called to him while he was cleaning the bathroom.

“No.” was all his reply. We finished cleaning and all went into the living room.

“Ok.” Aaron begun, “With a human living here, we’re going to have to be a lot more careful. We’re also are going to have to hunt more often.” When Aaron was finished, Danny went back to his show and I watched the clock waiting for the new girl to get here. We only had to wait ten minutes before we heard a key turning in the lock. The girl walked in and I saw her face freeze in shock. She was absolutely everything I had hoped for.