Ch.3// Short Stack

Y/N's POV
I ran into Sbarro, hanging my bag up and grabbed my hat and apron from the back.
I went up to the counter, and sat and waited. No one came in right after school.
No on except Tall Guy.
I saw Jake stumble into the store, subtly fixing his hair, and putting his phone in his pocket.
"Hey Tall Guy! Usual?"
I asked, pointing to the kitchen.
He nodded, smiling and I went and grabbed his food. I came back and wrapped it up, putting it on the counter.
He put some money down on the counter, and glanced up from his phone, biting his lip.
"Hey... so uh- do you wanna come to my Halloween party?"
Yikes. I don't do parties.
But... it is Tall Guy.
"Uh, sure why not? Make sure to send me your address."
He raised his eyebrows.
"Really? Oh! Uh I-I don't have you're number."
I grabbed his phone from hand and typed my number in, creating a new contact.
I handed it back to him, our fingers touching for half a second. It sent little zaps of energy though my fingers. He blushed deeply and cleared his throat.
"Great I'll text you."
He slipped a 5 in the tip jar and walked out, turning back and smiling before shutting the door.
That guy was... something else.

*time skip*

I plopped onto my bed after work, grumbling from tiredness. Everyone wanted pizza... Tuesday night? That didn't make sense.
Suddenly my phone buzzed, and I looked down to get a text from a random person.

??- Hey, what's up?
Y/N- The ceiling? Who is this?
??- Oh sorry. It's Jake.
Y/N- Oh okay.
I reset his name on my phone.
Tall Guy- Seriously, why do you call me that?
Y/N- Because, I've always called you that. It'd be weird to call you anything else.
Tall Guy- Fine then.
I got a ping as he reset my name too.
Short Stack- Seriously? That's the best you can do?
Tall Guy- Whatever, it fits. Here's a question, why do you wear your hat so weird?
Short Stack- What does that mean?
Tall Guy- You always wear your visor upside down at work.
Short Stack- I don't know, I always wear it like that. I like it.
Tall Guy- Yah me too. Anyway here's my address.
*enter Jake's address*
Short Stack- Thank you. I'll see you then.

Then it hit me.
"Shit. Halloween's in 3 days."
I gotta get ready fast. I don't have much time.
That's a total lie. I'm just gonna throw together some crap costume last minute.
Whatever.

.