Chapter 10: Alsaashdyn

A warm smile came over Mary's face — or is it Alsaashdyn now?

A knock came to her door. She said in the same voice as Alsaashdyn, "Come in."

Rosaline Roberts said after walking into the room, "I thought I heard you two..." She saw that Ishku was the only one in the room. Immediately, she gave a smile. She said, "I see I was right."

A smile came over the Ishku in reply, "Now I know everything, I don't see how you could figure it out."

"My colleagues would agree with you. I don't know if I can answer you with any one thing, but with all, I know about ancient history, the human condition, and all the other things I have studied my brains out in college, I guess it paid off."

She was about to change into her human self, but Rosaline stopped her by saying, "What did I tell you about changing?"

"If we are going downtown, then..."

"Wait, a minute! How did you know I would take you into town? Can you Ishkus read people's minds?"

"Yes we can, but it was easy because it was the strongest thing on your mind. I can't go into town looking like..."

"You aren't ugly, sweetie."

"I know that. No one on Earth has seen another species before. It wouldn't be right for them to see me like this."

"So damn what! You are one, and your name is Alsaashdyn. Now you two have merged into one, then you should go by that name."

"Yes, I will. Just the same, Mary must continue with her life. I won't allow her to give up her college career, nor will I allow her to leave her relationship with Master Aqpha. She worked hard in both."

Rosaline smiled, "Good, you aren't giving up on that aspect of your life."

She changed into Mary Wills — with the same outfit Mary had before she became whole with Alsaashdyn. She said with Mary's voice, "Ready to go now?"

"We will if you promise me that Alsaashdyn won't be left out. She deserves to roam around this planet, too. Hear me?!"

"Once she gets familiar with at least the surrounding people in this town..."

She got crossed with her, "No! I don't give a bloody damn about others. I don't live my life with them in mind, and your true self shouldn't either."

"Rosaline, you're human. If Ishku can't morph, I wouldn't be able to present myself as Mary. This is her world for what I have done in the ancient past, but I won't allow others to treat her or her family as a spectacle."

"I guess, I'll have to prove to you that they won't treat your family any different."

She studied her for a moment and then said, "I guess morphing into Alsaashdyn will work, but people still are prejudiced against different races. They're either going to scream bloody murder or think I'm wearing a costume for Halloween."

Rosaline huffed, "I'll train you to stop reading my mind so I can get a word in wise."

Mary smiled, "Sorry about that. I was trying to see what you were referring to regarding disproving me."

"Come on, you! They aren't going to see who you are if you hide in this room."

"So that is why we're going into town?"

"I see you cannot mind reading me all the time."

"I can, but what does that have to do with it? I couldn't read your mind before you walked into this room?" She studied her for a moment and said, "So that was what you two were talking about before I told you I would visit my Master?"